something weird

Reaction score
Hi guys

Today I bought my 2nd P2V after my 1st one flow away few days ago :(

When I opened the (new) box I saw that the red stickers /ID already fixed on the P2V body but every thing seems to be new even the cam , repeater and all other things are warpped !!!

Is it used or what ?

I kinda got lost until it dawned on me that "warped" was "wrapped".

Where'd you buy it? It's pretty hard to imagine that someone at the factory would have taken the time to put the stickers on it. At a minimum I'd suspect that someone between there and you took it out of the box and "stickered" it, but that doesn't mean it was actually used if everything else is still sealed (not to say that whoever unboxed it wouldn't have the gear to repackage it).

I'd talk to the dealer and see what their story / reaction is, then go with your gut based on how they react.

Visioneer said:
I'd talk to the dealer and see what their story / reaction is, then go with your gut based on how they react.

Sorry for the typo mistake :)

regarding the V2P. what you suggested is what I was planning to do today, I'll go back to the dealer and see the reaction and i'll update u all soon

Update:

went to the dealer and told/show him the issue and they replaced it with another one no questions asked , after that they told me that it's new for sure but might be involved in a show display or somthing and this is why the arm stickers where on it.

time to unbox the newer one :)

pilot said:
Update:

went to the dealer and told/show him the issue and they replaced it with another one no questions asked , after that they told me that it's new for sure but might be involved in a show display or somthing and this is why the arm stickers where on it.

time to unbox the newer one :)

Glad they treated you as they should have. You might not have gotten the full story of everything they knew, but it doesn't matter.

had no time to open the new replaced on till few days ago

and guess what , it also had the red stickers on it !!!!! this is the second one with the stickers :(

emailed dji ( to inquire about this issue ) on all the available mails listed on their website (US, Europe ,,,etc) but no reply

whet to the dealer again and talked to them regarding it, and they've told me that after i returned the first one which they replaced it, they opened a dozen box and found out that they all have the stickers on them :(

they said that they also don't know why DJI done this and it's on the P2V only not the P2

this is mine

pjhx.jpg

qdym.jpg

I have the exact same issue and someone just forwarded me your thread (sorry for the duplicate I did search but didn't find yours).

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10472

I got the second, will let you know if I hear from DJI, it is very strange, the first had the stickers applied really poorly too, like they were misaligned and red set missing from box just as you note, perhaps this is normal now?

Unrelated to that, have major left side softness in camera, saw the other threads on this and may have to accept for vision, so wish left side just matched right side (both are soft) but left so unusable must be cropped.

I wish they sold the vision without camera and had options for camera so you could pay x amount for cheaper camera or more for a decent unit, if the iPhone can pack a camera into 1/4" that is much better quality, I wonder why DJI can't do it with so much more space?

pilot said:
Hi guys

Today I bought my 2nd P2V after my 1st one flow away few days ago :(

When I opened the (new) box I saw that the red stickers /ID already fixed on the P2V body but every thing seems to be new even the cam , repeater and all other things are warpped !!!

Is it used or what ?

Saw the same thing at a local shop, matter of fact 3 of them. Guys at local shop concluded that DJI is pre testing them after all of the initial reports of battery and fly away issues.

EMCSQUAR said:
Saw the same thing at a local shop, matter of fact 3 of them. Guys at local shop concluded that DJI is pre testing them after all of the initial reports of battery and fly away issues.

It's exceptable to this point, but whats not is that the serial does not match as ( davephantom ) stated in his tread

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10472

I also got the same issue ( the repeater and camera serials are matching but the phantom itself ) :shock:

it's as DJI mixed up an entire production line after testing them if we took your theory of ( testing them )

but even so, why the hell they put the stickers on them, they could left them unsticked and got away with it :lol:

or

have they put the stickers as an indication of ( tested & approved ) which does not get into my head :evil:

pilot said:
EMCSQUAR said:

It's exceptable to this point, but whats not is that the serial does not match as ( davephantom ) stated in his tread

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10472

I also got the same issue ( the repeater and camera serials are matching but the phantom itself ) :shock:

it's as DJI mixed up an entire production line after testing them if we took your theory of ( testing them )

but even so, why the hell they put the stickers on them, they could left them unsticked and got away with it :lol:

or

have they put the stickers as an indication of ( tested & approved ) which does not get into my head :evil:

For the serials it looks like everyone has this issue, it is very strange but seems to be the way dji does it. There are a few other threads on this topic. I am now thinking dji made a change on stickers not a good change IMHO but it is changed because pilot is not in North America and I am and we both have this issue, it seems unlikely for it to not come from dji.

pilot said:
had no time to open the new replaced on till few days ago

and guess what , it also had the red stickers on it !!!!! this is the second one with the stickers :(

emailed dji ( to inquire about this issue ) on all the available mails listed on their website (US, Europe ,,,etc) but no reply

whet to the dealer again and talked to them regarding it, and they've told me that after i returned the first one which they replaced it, they opened a dozen box and found out that they all have the stickers on them :(

they said that they also don't know why DJI done this and it's on the P2V only not the P2

this is mine

pjhx.jpg

qdym.jpg

That's pretty weird. I also notice that they placed a "dji" logo on the top of the bird. Are the other three red "dji" stickers also on the P2V? Or... did they only give you the one? :roll:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
That's pretty weird. I also notice that they placed a "dji" logo on the top of the bird. Are the other three red "dji" stickers also on the P2V? Or... did they only give you the one? :roll:
-slinger

no nothing else, just the full 6 pink & 6 blue without the remaining 3 red

as shown in the images above only

pilot said:
gunslinger said:
-slinger

Might be one of these?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

pilot said:
gunslinger said:
-slinger

It'd be nice to get to the bottom of this one. I'm sure there's an interesting story that might even have innocent underpinnings... :D

Maybe... :)

Possibly... :shock:

-slinger

pilot said:
gunslinger said:
-slinger

Confirm the same here, red bands apply, logo top of copter, no sheet or remaining logos. Very odd, will be interested to get confirmation from DJI but all indication is now this is issue on DJI end.

davephantom said:
I wish they sold the vision without camera and had options for camera so you could pay x amount for cheaper camera or more for a decent unit, if the iPhone can pack a camera into 1/4" that is much better quality, I wonder why DJI can't do it with so much more space?

Only the front few cms of the camera are that. From the front of the antenna warning to the rear of the camera it's all board & SD card slots.

It's not unthinkable for someone to whittle down the camera casing with a 3D printer.

Hi

After waiting this long got an email from DJI saying :(

Dear .......
Thank you for your email.
We feel that we can better assist you through our live support team.
You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.
Thank you.
Rob E.
DJI Technology,
Systems Administrator.

What kind of service is this ! Instead of answering my inquiry ( have you ever sold P2V with the stickers on them ? ) directly in the email they say call us.

I called ( international call as I'm from the middle east ) took me over 15 minutes on the answering machine to get from customer number 21 to customer number 17 and then I hang up because till I reach my turn I'll be paying the price of a new phantom as a phone bills

So can any one local check with them

Ps. Rob E = Robert E.

Mosleyh said:
This will be a real issue if and when you have to re-bind the range extender to the camera. The QR code on the box won't give the correct MAC address for your camera because it matches the one that was originally in that box.

As the guys said earlier here and I also checked with 2 P2V boxes I have + a couple of my friend out here, the repeater & camera serial numbers match correctly, the phantom (bird) it self is the one that does not match the serial number on the box

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20