[SOLVED] 2 x P2V+ with Phantom Connection Broken

Re: 2 x P2V+ with Phantom Connection Broken

I don't know how you can get 3 bad wifi modules???
I know that you can get a "Connection broken" warning from the 3 grey cables that come out of the phantom to the gimbal control board. You need to remember that these cables act as bridges to power up the wifi module. You should change those cables if they have been damaged in a crash. The 4pin clip-in is notorious for causing loss tilt control, loss if telemetry data not to work and wifi connection drop. The other 2 sets of grey cable need to be inspected.

The sets of cable is also cheap. Its about $30 AUD.

I was just about to order another WiFi module (even started a thread asking where to buy one). Then reading here I grabbed some surgical tweezers. I pinched the 4 pin connector and wiggled it loose. Plugged it back in and presto I'm back in business.

Thanks guys! You saved me $200. Well done.

I also... ahem... plugged my WiFi Repeater in to charge (haven't done that in a while). I know it was the 4 pin cable because if it was charging up the battery then I'm just too stupid to live. :)

rbhamilton said:
I was just about to order another WiFi module (even started a thread asking where to buy one). Then reading here I grabbed some surgical tweezers. I pinched the 4 pin connector and wiggled it loose. Plugged it back in and presto I'm back in business.

I also... ahem... plugged my WiFi Repeater in to charge (haven't done that in a while). I know it was the 4 pin cable because if it was charging up the battery then I'm just too stupid to live. :)

Send me a beer.
Now if only MickeM would read my post :)

I'm sure this is probably not your problem but something to be mindful of.

I use a Samsung 8" for FPV but I have used my iphone as well. So, I've had issues with the "disconnected" issue on the droid but I realize I always have my iphone in my pocket -- lo and behold I pull it out and find out it's connected to the P2V+ -- thus interfering with my Samsung.

So, I always turn wifi off on my phone before I fly with my Samsung. I also "forget" and close known wifi nets that are close by so the FPV Samsung I'm using won't connect to them If I lose connection during a flight.

rbhamilton said:

I have seen 2 failure to communicates caused by uncharged wifi extenders. Its not really uncommon. :lol:

No 1 got broken in a crash.
No 2 suddenly stopped sending.
No 3 should be new the owner told me, will test that one again (didnt work when I tried it, i think).

I will check those cables on both P2V+.
One of them have already been checked.

Now I got one more DJI Phatom, this one is a 2 Vision not a +.
Same Widi-module?

I am going to concentrate on the one that works "best".
That is the Phantom 2 Vision+ that havent crashed or even landed hard.
This Phantoms Wifi-signal was suddenly lost and havent worked after that.
I have three Wifi-modules. The question... How do I rebind/bind any of
these to the Extender on the Radio? Does it work like binding a RC-
transmitter to a RC-receiver or does it have anything at all to do with
the QR-code or the MAC-adress etc that comes on the box and the
Extender? Im going to test these three Wifi-modules one at a time
and I would really really bind them correctly in the proper way to make
sure I really really know how to bind the Extender to the Wifi-module.
When the Wifi-modules signal appears on the Wifi Analyzer-app in
my Android-phone, it doesnt seem to have any SSID. Is that correct?
I guess it only uses the 2412MHz (or what i was) that I read somewhere.
One of the transmitter/receiver/transceiver may be a synthesized
one to adjust the frequency when it binds?

And yes, I will check the cables at the same time. If one cable doesnt
work, shouldnt the other functions work? Or was it that one cable
were needed to activate the Wifi-module?

Each wifi module has a unique MAC address that's written on its sticker. Each one corresponds to the QR code on the bottom of its Phantom. If you change the wifi module, you need to change the QR code.

When you bind the app (to either the MAC address or the QR code), it should tell the wifi extender to bind to that module.

The wifi module doesn't advertise its SSID. The extender does.

The middle cable supplies power. If that's shot, nothing works.

Do you have an Android phone? If yes, download Wifi Analyzer from the play store. The wifi analyser will tell you the hidden wifi address and mac address of the phantom.

Mako79: Android 4.4.2 in a Samsung Galaxy Note II (also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and a Apple iPad 2 with iOS8).
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, somewhere, I think, I already am using Wifi Analyzer. =) Now when you say that... I remembered... in one view/page there is nothing on the Wifi-module, but SSID on the Extender. But in another view/page, there IS the name.. DJI something...). Hmmmmmmmmm... Some part of Wifi-module in the Phanthom obviously works! Tell me more!! :-D Im not sure now if I saw the MAC-address on both the Extender and the Wifi-module in Wifi Analyzer...

CityZen: The MAC-adress in the QR-code on the box, isnt that the same as thats on the back on the Extender?
I can bind the app (Camera bound) with the MAC-adress (that is on the back of the Extender), without having the Phantom powered up. Binds successfully! To bind the Extender to the Wifi-module in the Phantom, shouldnt that be with the bind-button on the Extender?

Binding Extender to the Wifi-module in the Phantom: Automatically or using the button? When I change the Wifi-module. How do I know if it have bound successfully between the Extender and the Wifi-module? (not the "app" and the extender)

Cable.. ok, Im gonna check that.

Guess what!

Both Phantom 2 Vision+ are working now. ;-) At least the gimbal-camera-app-thing.
I shifted Wifi-modules.
I bound/binded the app to the Extender with the MAC-address on the Extender (thats of course the dumb "camera bound"-field).
Then i bound the Extender to the Wifi-module using the MAC-address on the Wifi-module (thats of course the other dumb "new camera"-field).
Worked.

There is one problem left with one of them... It crashed before and after that it got 4 new motors. One is working.
Thats my next dilemma. Im gonna shift the motor-ESC-package through the functioning "arm" to find out if any motor/ESC are fault.
If all motors works fine on the "functioning arm" then I guess there could be a faulty motherboard... right?

Anyway, thanks extremely very much! :-D
Now I can recommend you to buy Phantoms again. ;-)
Sorry for my english, swedish is my actual language.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Look at the ESCs very carefully and see if any of the MOSFETs on them are blistered or otherwise suspicious looking.
Just from what I've been reading, it seems the ESCs are more likely to fail than the motors.
The motherboard is merely a pass-through for the ESC signals, which come from the Naza module. It's unlikely to be at fault here.
ESCs are repairable if you have good SMD soldering tools and skills.

This is OT about the motors... but I tried all the motors on the working ESC, and yes all four motors worked fine. One ESC dead, and the other two just makes the motors beep very very low at startup. Have new ESCs, will change them, then continue ... maybe it works then. =)

Hi guy. I have tihis problem: I bind a new camera on my phantom vision 2 (with QR Code) but now doesn't work. When I start app Dji Vision and i press Camera I read thi s error:

"Phantom Connection Broken"

Can you help me?

It's a problem with 4 pin connection?

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav