Soldering on p3s board

Reaction score
Hi.

I crashed my drone, and the compass connector snapped off. Im planning to solder it back on, but just want to know if any of you have any experience with soldering on a p3?

Planning to buy a 30w iron, and 0,53mm 60/38 solder with 2%flux.

I can see that there are 5 points to solder. Can i just plob some solder over all 5, or do i need to solder all 5 seperate?

And do you know some glue that does not ruin electronics like some of the strong superglues do?

Oh, and in the crash, i also smashed the camera, but that should just be buying a new camera.

I just repaired a bad compass connection. Are the pins still standing on the board, or are they broken? The center pin doesn't connect to the compass cable, so just worry about the two outer pins on each side of the connection. I cheated and just removed the hard plastic molex connector and connected the compass cable directly to the pins on the board and glued down with flexible glue. Each pin must connect individually.

Good soldering technique is an acquired skill, I wouldn't recommend your first experience to be in this endeavour. There is a high probability of a less than pleasing outcome.

Reactions: Ron Arnson

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1