Sneak peek at the phantom 4 "clean install" power mod

Don't forget to watch the video above like and share to help me out if you don't mind !! And here's another shot all hooked up and ready to rock !!

332d777e1b7900d96fc3fd16d7482c50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JohnnyB
Hi Kyle,

This looks great, but, forgive my question as I might be missing something...I'm not seeing a benefit if with the regular *and* additional battery the flight time is only 27 minutes.

Hey guys and gals !! Sorry weather has been horrible in Canada. So I haven't been flying much.

Great minds think alike ! I have 3D printed plugs to keep the connectors clean when not in use!!

And to answer cstout, what flight times are you getting out of a stock battery ?

Hi Kyle,

This looks great, but, forgive my question as I might be missing something...I'm not seeing a benefit if with the regular *and* additional battery the flight time is only 27 minutes.
For a standard P4 battery in calm weather I can get 22 min flights with 15% at landing with easy flying at 28-30 mph, no sport mode. Using 5870mah battery I can get 25 min.

You have to consider Kyle was flying in windy and cold conditions, which is not relevant for a good comparison, hence only 27 min flight time. What we're all waiting for is for Canada's weather to cooperate so Kyle can test the flight length in calm conditions at 70F temp using the new 5870mah main battery and battery mod. I'm betting it will be over 32 minutes.

Last edited:
For a standard P4 battery in calm weather I can get 22 min flights with 15% at landing with easy flying at 28-30 mph, no sport mode.
I get nearly exactly the same.

I didn't know the weather was bad for the test flight, whoops!

For a standard P4 battery in calm weather I can get 22 min flights with 15% at landing with easy flying at 28-30 mph, no sport mode. Using 5870mah battery I can get 25 min.

You have to consider Kyle was flying in windy and cold conditions, which is not relevant for a good comparison, hence only 27 min flight time. What we're all waiting for is for Canada's weather to cooperate so Kyle can test the flight length in calm conditions at 70F temp using the new 5870mah main battery and battery mod. I'm betting it will be over 32 minutes.

Exactly !!! Ha ha ha ha !!! Unfortunately that will probably be May :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj