Slightly customised...

Did you use PlastiDip?
I wanted to use plastidip, but it was taken by airline security on my way to site :( Had to make do with matt black paint!

Seeing Walker16's above makes me even more glad I made the final mod that nobody has noticed. Be gone with the never used USB port on the front!

I'm honestly not convinced there will be any heat issues related to the colour change or the vent removal (I've removed top and bottom vents; all that remain are battery & vps side vents). I suppose, if I do run into any issues, you guys will get to learn from my experience. I will keep going on cosmetic changes, but I also want to play with changing it's functionality. Will keep you guys posted :)

I flew it after being in parts for over a month just before this post last night, my only concern was does it still fly period. She flew exactly as she had in the past, so I'm very happy :) The majority of flights for this one will be in the night, since I'm a 7 day a week worker ant! If there is something interesting in the day that I want to look at while on field break, I obviously use the one with the camera!

I guess this is a case of cosmetics over functionality.

The landing skegs are useful. They slide as opposed to stick which prevents toppling. The bird will often make a few small sideways movements as you take off or bring it in.

The vents are useful too. ESCs will generate a decent amount of heat.

I hate to break it to you, but your "landing skegs" have 4 points of contact just like these four legs... Not sure what kind of surfaces your landing on that absorb so much that the rest of the legs are skidding, but I'm much more at ease landing on a solid surface where your theory just doesn't stand up.

I hate to break it to you, but your "landing skegs" have 4 points of contact just like these four legs... Not sure what kind of surfaces your landing on that absorb so much that the rest of the legs are skidding, but I'm much more at ease landing on a solid surface where your theory just doesn't stand up.
Not to mention it seems like the majority of people here hand launch and catch anyway.

Never launched or landed my drone by hand or toppled over landing.

The folks who mention dark drones are prone to heating up, are of the same mind, as those, who make off the cuff comments, thinking Lume Cubes are too hot to handle on a flying drone. Someone even boldly asked me, if they could start a fire, if we crashed with them onboard. ;-)
I don't think so... Ha

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.