Slightly customised...

Reaction score
Who wants to play spot the difference? :)
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438171981.657784.jpg

One has vents to dissipate heat -- and, the other does not? :)

Reactions: S5S5G6
No vents,no camera and landing legs are different

One has vents to dissipate heat -- and, the other does not? :)
I was going to say landing gear, but no vents is a better answer.

Yes, yes and yes... The last one is a bit subtle, but would have bugged the hell out of me if I'd left it with the colour change...

Why wouldn't you want heat vents? Won't it now overheat??

FINALLLY a P3 without the stupid legs that connect front to back. Now all you need is some spring activated/supported stabilizing "feet".. To allow for uneven surfaces, but also provide a little more service area contact with the ground.

I guess this is a case of cosmetics over functionality.

The landing skegs are useful. They slide as opposed to stick which prevents toppling. The bird will often make a few small sideways movements as you take off or bring it in.

The vents are useful too. ESCs will generate a decent amount of heat.

Reactions: merophosis
Ugh I want to paint my P3P black so bad.

Also black will cause even more heating within the shell. Pretty sure that's why it's white to begin with.

Reactions: Falcon900
Also black will cause even more heating within the shell. Pretty sure that's why it's white to begin with.
But the Solo is black. I can't get over how terrible the Phantoms look Haha. I own one but I hate how it looks like a toy.

Reactions: MoreGone
I'd guess the SOLO has it's own means of heat dissipation. And even though sealing the P3's vents and painting it black will probably add thermal stress, it's probably fine if it's not too hot outside. No way to know until it fails.

Reactions: S5S5G6
I'd guess the SOLO has it's own means of heat dissipation. And even though sealing the P3's vents and painting it black will probably add thermal stress, it's probably fine if it's not too hot outside. No way to know until it fails.
The painting I could do. I'd never cover the vents though. Looks cool but I wouldnt risk it.

Reactions: Oso
Wrong......why do you keep promoting that b.s? How many black phantoms do you have??

This seems like a no-brainer re white vs. black and absorbed heat.
What is reasons for calling B.S.?

This seems like a no-brainer re white vs. black and absorbed heat.
What is reasons for calling B.S.?
The no brainer is that it has 4 spinning props and flies through the air.....
i don't believe people with white or bright colored cars can leave their dogs in a closed car any longer than a person with a dark colored car.
btw i have a black phantom...so no need for me to assume anything.

Reactions: Julius717
Looks to me like the one on the left is not as privileged as the one on the right and the one on the rights life matters and the other ones life dont matter at all. lol

serously tho the black one looks pretty cool..

and no its not going to be effected by solar heating any more then the white one being its going to be just like a car thats moving and heat is going to convected off from the air flow around it as its going threw the air. Just the same no matter what color it is. Cause unlike what many falsely believe black colored objects do not hold heat any different then any other color things... It dont work that way dark stuff just absorbs more infared then white color objects.

Tho if parked in the sun for a while it would get hotter then the white one. But no were near hot enough to do any damage to any thing whats so ever.

and Im pretty sure that with a solo being black but with the battery on the top and not enclosed to hold in as much heat is why a solo has less to worry about and not needing as much ventilation. Which even the tiny amount that the phantoms have Im not even to sure the small amount of venting the phantoms have helps all to much on cooling any way and if any thing just allow pressure to be equalized inside the shell better then if it was sealed up tight. <--- tho that is just my own theroy on that and no real hard data to back it up one way or the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31