Simulator nearly worthless

I found the simulator prety bland but it did give me more confidence in using the f functions which I have never delved into before.

Just another idea if the simulator is ever to be improved upon.
Would it be feasible to have failsafe scenarios - for example I flew the simulator to 5000m distance and it looked like it was never going to lose connection with the RC. Perhaps when it gets to say 2000m it could simulate losing connection and instantiate a failsafe RTH ? And perhaps the sim could allow the user to set a dummy battery level and then watch it instantiate a low battery failsafe - this could give us a realistic ball-park figure as to how far from home it could be before returning home with what battery level etc- and what sort of headwind it could expect to actually make it home etc.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Exact point of a Sim. Would help DJI in offering additional features competitors don't have. But using DJI controller and Go screen with most if not all areas active. Makers are losing a leapfrog above the competition. I would pay a modest extra for this feature, however with millions sold it should be included.
Curious to how many Phantom operators ever use ALL the features? Think a Sim would produce less crashes, nervy users, and expand ones enjoyment. Not to mention the Govt regulators would see DJI in better light re safety etc etc.
Come on DJI you have the ability and skill to make, market and be proactive in this field. You are linked with other major Int'l companies, Apple,Red Bull etc. Get on with it if only for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Peterhenrybarnard
If you want to try out a SWEET sim check out Phoenix. It's got great graphics and not nearly as much of a resource hog as RF has become. I have it on my laptop and fly on it when I go on trips and stuff. Best of all is once you buy it you get the upgrades and future aircraft FREE.

I've literally taught students to fly using these sims and had one student who was almost able to SOLO with an R/C airplane on his first day at the flying field after SIM time.

Only thing I like to simulate is a mid flight CSC and recover from it if you can...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20