Should I update?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven't flown the p3a in about a year, I was on an old firmware then as the current one at that time messed up the screen and caused glitching, I rolled the firmware back and she was fine.

So, a year on, have things improved? Do I update to the latest firmware or stay with my now 18 month old firmware? Have DJI got it right?

So, a year on, have things improved? Do I update to the latest firmware or stay with my now 18 month old firmware? Have DJI got it right?
No. Don't touch it! If she still flies to your satisfaction there is nothing in an update that will improve that. I am still flying 1.8.8 with all the newest app updates and no issues. Although granted I fly exclusively with Litchi and only use GO for maintenance.

Awesome thanks guys, I also only use litchi so hopefully when I charge her later today she flies well.

I agree with the sentiment though, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reactions: infinite
Well I charged her and popped her up above my house to test, no problems so thanks again guys.

I have one more question though, what preview quality do you use in litchi? I mostly fly fpv so want a decent down stream. Currently I think it's set to 4mb

I have a decent phone with a fast processor so it should take a decent flow of data

I have one more question though, what preview quality do you use in litchi?
Does Litchi have a setting for this? If so, I haven't been able to find it. ( Not that I have looked in great detail ). Best I recall GO does, but have not used it to fly in so long I do not remember for certain, but I do believe I had it set there for 4mb as well. Please refresh my memory as to where this setting is, unless it is only available for IOS. I fly with Android. Iv'e had no FPV issues.

No. Don't touch it! If she still flies to your satisfaction there is nothing in an update that will improve that. I am still flying 1.8.8 with all the newest app updates and no issues. Although granted I fly exclusively with Litchi and only use GO for maintenance.
THIS IS EXTREMELY SOUND ADVICE !!!!! Don't touch it if all is working without issues and you are happy with the results.

I am still on firmware '509', released during the 1st QTR of 2017 and it still works perfectly !!! ... '509' is the last quality firmware update DJI released BEFORE all of the NO-FLY ZONE updates & the many 'feature' debacles following it ... some of the many logged issues may now be finally resolved (the jury is still out on that one) but there were so many horror stories as a result all of those jammed-in updates following '509', that it ruined my faith in any sound software regression testing practices being observed at DJI before any new release is sent out to the public.

If you own a DJI Drone, it is a significant $$ investment and the quality of the firmware controlling it is directly related to the successful safe operation and SURVIVAL of your drone ... so be wary of ANY updates until they have been well vetted by many other users over at least several months before even considering loading one in your expensive hardware.

Reactions: Phill2
Hi guys, I haven't flown the p3a in about a year, I was on an old firmware then as the current one at that time messed up the screen and caused glitching, I rolled the firmware back and she was fine.

It's over 4 years since I updated my P3Ps and all is still good.
I run Litchi but a few weeks ago I tried to open GO and found that it no longer opens if connected to the net?
In airplane mode it opens fine but I haven't tried flying with it.

It's over 4 years since I updated my P3Ps and all is still good.
I run Litchi but a few weeks ago I tried to open GO and found that it no longer opens if connected to the net?
In airplane mode it opens fine but I haven't tried flying with it.

Just use Litchi. Forget about GO!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers