Should i mind my own business? Or write a complaint to FAA?

Please point Me to the FAA rule for flying over traffic is illegal. Thanks

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy
The first thing i found. Dont have tine to hunt it down. But parked cars are fine apparently. But if its moving no go I guess. Also may not be "illegal" doesn't mean you can't get in trouble or a fine.. or I would of flown over the highway long ago.. lol

k51n3b.jpg

A great example of the absurdity of some of these “rules“. As if some plastic and wires pose any danger to a train.

Reactions: weldor
Im with ya. Im just putting them out there. Not endorsing them..lol didnt make them either.. as fsr as i gather you can fly over a road as long as you dont fly directly over moving vehicles. So i do the same thing you would when crossing the street at ground level. Stop and look both ways then go.. if your high up enough you can see anyway.

k51n3b.jpg

A great example of the absurdity of some of these “rules“. As if some plastic and wires pose any danger to a train.

I have read this, but this doesn't point to the rule itself. If you read §107.39 it contradicts the answer. The rule states that you cannot fly "FROM" (unless in a sparse location) a moving vehicle not "OVER" one.

Thanks for your reply. I read this before I asked the question. However, if you read §107.39 it contradicts the answer. The rule states that you cannot fly "FROM" (unless in a sparse location) a moving vehicle not "OVER" one.
I think its both actually.. and you are allowed to fly from inside a moving vehicle i think in a sparsely populated area. Cant remember if you have to have fpv or not. But you can fly from in a car. Say like a desert road.. but pretty sure the flying over moving cars is still one too unless they changed them. Hey now worries either way just putting the info out there you decide how you wanna fly

Reactions: GFields
When it comes to the rules and regulations, learn them and follow them yourself. Don't be one of those know-it-all pests who try to tell other people what to do. In other words, mind your own business.

I think its both actually.. and you are allowed to fly from inside a moving vehicle i think in a sparsely populated area. Cant remember if you have to have fpv or not. But you can fly from in a car. Say like a desert road.. but pretty sure the flying over moving cars is still one too unless they changed them. Hey now worries either way just putting the info out there you decide how you wanna fly

Yes, I agree

Just remember what my daddy always told me. Be diplomatic. "Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip!"
"Treat everyone like a gentleman, but always let the butt of your revolver be in plain sight" - not bad karma either.

*UPDATE*

I spoke directly with FAA's UAS department and 107.39 does in fact deal with flying over "moving traffic" and to do so will require a waiver. However, you can fly to the left or right of the highway. You just cannot fly directly over moving traffic.

Reactions: PhoenixOne
I would call him as if I wanted to contract him and ask if he has a part 107 certified and if he has a waiver to fly over people. If he answers negative to any of the two questions then just politely tell him that you cannot use his services because he is flying illegally.

Of a moving train? Okaaay
The topic was of a moving car. As for the train, it can distract the engineer. Make him forget to hit the brakes on time, cause him to go to fast in a curve and derail, for example.

The possibilities are there. It's just better to prevent now, than to lament later.

The topic was of a moving car. As for the train, it can distract the engineer. Make him forget to hit the brakes on time, cause him to go to fast in a curve and derail, for example.

The possibilities are there. It's just better to prevent now, than to lament later.
That is if he even noticed the drone hitting his 200 ton locomotive. Did you hear something hit us? Lol
Rules are rules.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl