Short Circuit

Reaction score
I was trying to check voltage on the video and power wires hanging out of the phantom 2
The 4 wires that do not have a connector on them and I accidently touched the + and - together
I smelled something burnt So I opened the P2 up and where the wires plug in the board I saw 2 diodes or something and one was fried
First will this keep me from flying or is it just a video thing not affecting flying
Next what will this effect as far as the IOSD when I get one And when I get a Gopro will it keep me from hooking p the video?
What will it cost me to replace the main board?

Had the same thing happen to me, flies fine. Just resolder on some new wires to the board

Elwood58 said:
The diode will need to be replaced.

Sure it's a diode?

Never seen one without a 'band' indicating the cathode.
Or did I miss it?

I could not tell if they are diodes or if they are actully a resistor even tho they dont seem to have a value printed on them. BUT what ever it is when I shorted my wire out by accident when it touched a metal tool on my counter when the phantom was powered and it fryed the unknown do hicky and also one of the tabs that connects one of the legs of the connector on the board. I noticed there is one of the same things what ever it is. (diode or resister. ) that was the same size and every thing that was going unused next to a connector on the other end of the board that says "fan" so being there is no fan and the fan port is not going to be used for any thing. I stole the part from there and used it to replace the one that burnt by the camera wire connector and used a dot of solder to fix the burn leg on the connector. and it seems to all be working. I have video and all the on screen info in the app. and can load the way points info to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20