Short battery life, about 4 minutes

Thanks guys for all your answers! I recieved the gimbal yesterday but sadly it did not work. I connected it to the balance line of my phantom battery and it would not initialize. The lights turned on and flashed as if it was initializing but the engines didnt turn on to stabilize it. Dont really know whats wrong. Got any clues? Its a cheap good luck buy gimbal

Thanks guys for all your answers! I recieved the gimbal yesterday but sadly it did not work. I connected it to the balance line of my phantom battery and it would not initialize. The lights turned on and flashed as if it was initializing but the engines didnt turn on to stabilize it. Dont really know whats wrong. Got any clues? Its a cheap good luck buy gimbal

Did you mount your camera on the gimbal before powering it up?
I suggest you AFTER POWER UP, to connect your gimbal through the USB port and run the GUI:you will get a lot of info and you will check if gain, motor poles etc. are correctly set.
DO NOT CONNECT THE USB if the gimbal is NOT powered up and DISCONNECT the USB cable BEFORE disconnectin the gimbal power.

No: 6 degrees Celsius cannot explain the short time.
You have the first and second level protection levels too high.
These values are for the loaded quad:this means that you get the first low voltage alert when , at full load, your battery is at 3.85V/cell (11.55V in total) that is about half of its charge.
In addition if the voltage shown is when you connect with a fully charged battery, either your charger does not fully load the battery or the voltage monitor of the quad is not calibrated.
I suggest you to go in the Assistant in Advanced/Voltage page with a fully charged battery and do the following:
-check in the "current voltage" X3 field that the reading is 12.59 /12.60:if it is not , you should first check your battery voltage with an external multimeter and then activate the "Calibration" pushbutton and insert exactly the voltage you read with the multimeter: in this way you align the quad voltage monitor with the current battery voltage.
-In the first level protection fields insert 10.5 in "No Load" and 0 in "Loss": you should see 10.5 in "Loaded": this means that you will get your first red led blinking when your quad is flying(loaded) and the battery is at 10.5V (3.5V/cell).
-In the second level protection field insert 9.9 in "No Load" and 0 in "Loss": you should see 9.9 in "Loaded": this means that you will get your automatic landing when your quad is flying(loaded) and the battery is at 9.9V (3.3V/cell).

Verify in the assistant home page (the one you post) that the battery voltage matches the voltage you measure with a multimeter and the protection levels are 10.5 and 9.9.
With these settings you have a safe limit for the second level alert that does not allow your battery , when loaded, to drop below the 3.3V/Cell that is absolutely safe against the potential battery damage voltage that is 3V/cell, even if the cells are not perfectly balanced.
The interval between the first red led blinking and the forced landing should be around 50 sec to 1 minute that is the time within you should safely land, before the quads performs a forced landing where is: if you like to have more time to come back and land, increase the first level to 10.8 or add an extra external audible alarm device set to 3.7V/cell that will warn you a lot in advance.
In principle you can insert a lower voltage in the second level alarm (e.g. 9.6 or 9.45), but in this case you should regularly monitor that the battery cells are well balanced, in order to avoid to reach that voltage with 1 cell giving less than the safe 3V(e.g. 2.9/3.3/3.3=9.5).

Attachments

• 15149085610621885223101.jpg
    15149085610621885223101.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 350
Need help have phantom vision + and only getting about same 5 to 10 mins flight time I removed global and still same

Setting voltage protection limits is a bit tricky. Get either a good charger that give voltages and milli-amps or at least a decent digital voltmeter to help setup. Following are some instructions that i wrote for myself - hopefully this will be of use to you. Also if your charger measures milli-amp hour charges then for a 2200 mAh battery it is easly to then calculate your 80% discharge = 1760 mAh - so if setting are correct you will be close to this on your charge after a drone flight.

Setting and understanding DJI Phantom 1 Drove Voltage Protection Levels and Loss in the Naza-M V2

Notes:

1) Determine your desired battery Low Volt Limits – ie: 3.5VDC to 3.7 VDC on your LiPo battery. For example for a 3 cell pack and 3.6 VDC target per cell – the target Stg Protection Level would be:
3 * 3.6 = 10.80 VDC

2) Set your Line Loss in the drone setup at 0.0VDC. It keeps it simple to understand.

3) Run the drone – with all of your intended attachments on - about 1 meter above ground until you see the 1st Stg Protection Levels then land immediately, remove battery, and record the measured battery pack voltage.

4) If the measured No Load battery pack voltage is GREATER than the 1st Stg Protection Level voltage setting - then set the 1st Stg Protection Level voltage setting at the target Battery pack voltage minus (final battery VDC - 1st Stage Protection Level)

Example:
1st Stg Protection Levels is set at: 10.80 VDC
Measured voltage after 1st Stage Protection Level occurs is: 11.40 VDC (thus Protection Level activated too soon)
Then set the 1st Stg Protection Levels to: 10.80 – (11.40-10.80) = 10.20 VDC

So then when the Drone Voltage Monitor reads 10.20 – the battery voltage should actually be 10.80

5) If the measured No Load battery pack voltage is LESS than the 1st Stg Protection Level voltage setting - then set the 1st Stg Protection Level voltage setting at the target Battery pack voltage plus (1st Stage Protection Level - final battery VDC)

Example:
1st Stg Protection Level set at: 10.80 VDC
Measured voltage after 1st Stage Protection Level occurs is: 10.40 VDC (thus Protection Level activated too late)
Then set the 1st Stg Protection Levels to 10.80 + (10.80 – 10.40) = 11.20 VDC

So when the Drone Voltage Monitor reads 11.20 – the battery voltage should actually be 10.80

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj