She won't hover like she used to...

gunslinger said:
Also... That's the best video I've ever seen done with a P2V. Beautiful job, sir...

-slinger

+1 very nice video

Great video. Love the editing and filming techniques. Some neat angles to try out on future flights!

Get'r fixed soon.

First, thanks for the compliments on the video, more to come!
Second, turns out it is a bad motor. I have all new props and it still isn't flying right. Then, when the engines are idling after startup, one motor is surging a bit. New one is on the way! It will be back in the air soon!

slapface said:
First, thanks for the compliments on the video, more to come!
Second, turns out it is a bad motor. I have all new props and it still isn't flying right. Then, when the engines are idling after startup, one motor is surging a bit. New one is on the way! It will be back in the air soon!

Good to hear.

-slinger

Now I am very frustrated.
I was changing the motor and messed up the circuit board next to the motor.
Oh well, I want it fixed back to new so I boxed it up and sent it to dronefly.com to have some professionals fix it.
Tried it tonight and it is doing the same exact thing (if you fly straight and stop it will drift left over 15 feet).
Obviously they didn't test fly it.
Obviously I am bummed.
And obviously I can't fly this thing anymore until it gets fixed correctly.
However, I don't know where to turn.
Any thoughts??????

I am having almost the exact same problems.. My first few flights, the vision 2 hovered, almost perfectly still.. Now, after about 1/2 dz flights, when I lift off and go up about 30 feet, the copter goes into a 10 foot circle.. If I climb up to a 100 feet, I would estimate the circle is about 25 feet.. oddly, when I brought it down to 6 feet, it hovered within about a one foot circle.. I'm currently locking on to 9 gps satelites .. I recalibrated the compass, even though my figures were all ready well within the acceptable range.. When I fly back towards me from a distance, with the camera front pointed directly towards me, the copter skews to my right.. In other words.. looking straight down on the top of flying copter, it slides right, instead of flying straight ahead.. I also have the copter veering to the left (after releasing the controls), after a full speed straight flight in one direction.. All my controls are within range, and all my firmware is up to date.. Any ideas?

So, I sent mine to dronefly.com and they said my compass was bad... they replaced it.
I took it out of the box and did a fast, straight flight down my street. Stopped abruptly, and it veered left about 15 feet (just like before I sent it down there).
I kept on flying it and this problem went away. No drifting left after a sudden stop.
I took it out again in a wide open field and it did the same thing. Drifted at first, then it mellowed out and flew perfectly fine.
So, I don't know... Has it always done this and I just never flew it that aggressively right after taking off?
Anyone else have this problem???

Mine does same thing. i have new Compass on the way. praying that works, had several hard landings/crashes. :( same behaviors as video with trhe drift. sorry i dont have an answer, but i will post compass results

However, mine didn't do this when I got it in December. But, now it does exactly what the one in the video did.
And yes, I have done the advanced IMU. No change. Lots of satellites. Calibrated compass. Calibrated controls. Still drifts, but only for the first five minutes of flight.
What would cause this??

Well, got new compass, cqlibrated and now its actually worse :(. Im thinkin its a fine crack in GPS because in atti it flies perfect now, where w old compass it didnt. Thinking the several hard ceashes may have scattered GPS brains. Man i gotta get this thing flying again .

slapface said:
So, I sent mine to dronefly.com and they said my compass was bad... they replaced it.
I took it out of the box and did a fast, straight flight down my street. Stopped abruptly, and it veered left about 15 feet (just like before I sent it down there).
I kept on flying it and this problem went away. No drifting left after a sudden stop.
I took it out again in a wide open field and it did the same thing. Drifted at first, then it mellowed out and flew perfectly fine.
So, I don't know... Has it always done this and I just never flew it that aggressively right after taking off?
Anyone else have this problem???
Sometimes on my F450 it'll do that when I first take off. Kinda like the toilet bowl effect. After it warms up it settles down and is perfect. It's almost like its warming up, then it's fine for the rest of my flights. Also on the gps puck if I turned it a couple of degrees it also stopped it from doing this. I noticed before I turned the puck it wouldn't fly straight. It flew off to a angle. After I turned the puck just a hair it flew straight and stopped oscillating. I know the phantoms different but maybe something with your gps move in the shell?

I just replaced my compass and gps on mine.... couldn't test fly it because of lack of blades but the compass can only be mounted 1 way in the shell... Also the compass directly plugs into the gps unit.... I should be getting the blades shortly

obiwan_pierogi said:
I am having almost the exact same problems.. My first few flights, the vision 2 hovered, almost perfectly still.. Now, after about 1/2 dz flights, when I lift off and go up about 30 feet, the copter goes into a 10 foot circle.. If I climb up to a 100 feet, I would estimate the circle is about 25 feet.. oddly, when I brought it down to 6 feet, it hovered within about a one foot circle.. I'm currently locking on to 9 gps satelites .. I recalibrated the compass, even though my figures were all ready well within the acceptable range.. When I fly back towards me from a distance, with the camera front pointed directly towards me, the copter skews to my right.. In other words.. looking straight down on the top of flying copter, it slides right, instead of flying straight ahead.. I also have the copter veering to the left (after releasing the controls), after a full speed straight flight in one direction.. All my controls are within range, and all my firmware is up to date.. Any ideas?
complete newbie here so first hi everyone. I have the the phantom 1 with gopro. I moved from fl. to nh. and i had an rock steady copter. Well i hooked it up to the pc and cool an update. Well nothing but TBE since. also everything you described. Tried magnets on compass, new parameters, dance and dance with no luck. Totally think it is the firmware. I hope someone has a fix because i want to fly.

Checked everything visually (after new compass) and still not good. This stinks. Im sure i caused the issue we are all having by crashing it. I just wish i knew what to do besides buy a new one, ehich is next on my list. But then im giving in, cant buy one every few months. Wish i could diagnose. Atti is 100%. ,maybe i just get pro at that and never fly gps mode?

I've sent mine back to the dealer for repair.. Interestingly, I finally got a nice reply from DJI technology, in Hollywood Ca.. Told me to ship it back to them for repair.. I'll see how the dealer makes out..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik