Replaced bottom shell+legs get bleeps

Reaction score
It had a slight crash bent leg with 4mm gap between joint pulling one of the screw connection from lower body. All 4 propellers has gards for protection. So I replaced the legs and bottom shell following YouTube instruction.
It goes through the usual motion gimble moves and wake up tune. Then 2 of the lights come on red with 3rd flashing all colour then changes to red. The 4 light (motor) is off twitches and bleeps.
So it’s either loose wire faulty motor or whatever you can suggest ?
Many thanks Andy

Slight crash can be deciving,,if bent leg good it's possible something internal got Jared from shock,did the damage occur on same side as rear light that's out ? I know inside p4s which probly same as pro internals ,center board has rubbers and if travels past that point ribbon cable or cables will rip,I don't suggest anything else untill inside been checked,I post a pic of mine for example...see how ribbon tear from impact
15584257476671547450222.jpg

Slight crash can be deciving,,if bent leg good it's possible something internal got Jared from shock,did the damage occur on same side as rear light that's out ? I know inside p4s which probly same as pro internals ,center board has rubbers and if travels past that point ribbon cable or cables will rip,I don't suggest anything else untill inside been checked,I post a pic of mine for example...see how ribbon tear from impactView attachment 111406
There are no tears all in tack thanks

There are no tears all in tack thanks
Prop guards ? Longer screws,,some have had trouble in past with longer screws,unscrew motor from Mount and check coils for damage mark if screws come right through,,mayby impact cause a issue here,,,,it has happened before with longer screws from what I've read over time,,...once again is that the side with light out under motor
1558472160951734614393.jpg

Slight crash can be deciving,,if bent leg good it's possible something internal got Jared from shock,did the damage occur on same side as rear light that's out ? I know inside p4s which probly same as pro internals ,center board has rubbers and if travels past that point ribbon cable or cables will rip,I don't suggest anything else untill inside been checked,I post a pic of mine for example...see how ribbon tear from impactView attachment 111406
Yep will check, red lights on two permanently , other two flashing red and green, that’s the one when totally assembled
0050C811-7116-4F1D-94CA-75CCFA7784EA.jpeg
B60B48E9-213A-4F61-887A-6503C541E7D6.jpeg
don’t show red but others do?

All 4 propellers has gards for protection. So I replaced the legs and bottom shell following YouTube instruction.
It goes through the usual motion gimble moves and wake up tune. Then 2 of the lights come on red with 3rd flashing all colour then changes to red. The 4 light (motor) is off twitches and bleeps.
So it’s either loose wire faulty motor or whatever you can suggest ?
Prop guards ? Longer screws,,some have had trouble in past with longer screws,unscrew motor from Mount and check coils for damage mark if screws come right through,,mayby impact cause a issue here,,,,it has happened before with longer screws from what I've read over time,,...once again is that the side with light out under motor
@Andy999xxxz - have you already checked what @ianzone suggested that you check? Have you damaged your motors with the longer prop guard screws?

I have rotated each they all of the right tension?
How would you check them?
Thank you Andy
Hard to find picture to show but only takes as little as a scrape of the varnish of the wire and it will cause short,,to look you might have to disassemble motor,,if going to do this get 1 on order for back up,,motor surprisingly cheap,have bit of a search with Google and you'll see you not alone,,have you had good look and measure if any way it could protrude into motor,,,unsure what to advise,,I don't think it esc error,myself I would chuck a new motor on it, only way to stop guess work

Hard to find picture to show but only takes as little as a scrape of the varnish of the wire and it will cause short,,to look you might have to disassemble motor,,if going to do this get 1 on order for back up,,motor surprisingly cheap,have bit of a search with Google and you'll see you not alone,,have you had good look and measure if any way it could protrude into motor,,,unsure what to advise,,I don't think it esc error,myself I would chuck a new motor on it, only way to stop guess work
Thank you, yes I totally agree, probably best to replace all of them, looks like I will need to cut the wires, unsure how to distinguish which(rotation) are CW and CCW with 4 existing motors and new?

Thank you, yes I totally agree, probably best to replace all of them, looks like I will need to cut the wires, unsure how to distinguish which(rotation) are CW and CCW with 4 existing motors and new?
No try do with soldering, if cut and just joined you get esc error,,,use arrows on shell to determine ccw or cw ,very easy,,,Yeh the joins really need to be soilded for best results,,,;)

No try do with soldering, if cut and just joined you get esc error,,,use arrows on shell to determine ccw or cw ,very easy,,,Yeh the joins really need to be soilded for best results,,,;)
There is ease of access to solder 3 but 1 is hidden behind ribbon however, luckerly that 1 is not suspect probably best to leave and hope for the best? Would you remove the whole unit from the top shell to further ease soldering?
Thank you very much for your replies, P4 in bits on window shelf collecting dust? Finally, await motors and put the buggar back together?

There is ease of access to solder 3 but 1 is hidden behind ribbon however, luckerly that 1 is not suspect probably best to leave and hope for the best? Would you remove the whole unit from the top shell to further ease soldering?
Thank you very much for your replies, P4 in bits on window shelf collecting dust? Finally, await motors and put the buggar back together?
Yeh probly be easier,,oh the dust thing,,Yeh I just hope it all works for you,,,mine got dust cause rain and wind not stop,,yes myself waiting for parts for crashed p4 I decide to repair, just in the process of buying another complete p4 that had swimming lessons at 300ft in Ocean, but only for non electronic parts,,fun ay,

Yeh probly be easier,,oh the dust thing,,Yeh I just hope it all works for you,,,mine got dust cause rain and wind not stop,,yes myself waiting for parts for crashed p4 I decide to repair, just in the process of buying another complete p4 that had swimming lessons at 300ft in Ocean, but only for non electronic parts,,fun ay,
It’s never ending?
Really do appreciate your help, it’s been a moment of sell on eBay or try fix? Hope you manage to sort the fish?

It’s never ending?
Really do appreciate your help, it’s been a moment of sell on eBay or try fix? Hope you manage to sort the fish?
One other thing, what is the plastic filling to hold the wires secure?

Attachments

• AB75FF1A-0534-41F6-85A3-4E3D18041697.jpeg
    AB75FF1A-0534-41F6-85A3-4E3D18041697.jpeg
    614.7 KB · Views: 336
Just received four new motors for p4 but there are no indication of which is CW or CCW? Any idea how to tell?

Or maybe it don’t matter is that correct?
Electronic silicon
Been on eBay China 4-5 wks others seem gasket silicon?
I need the same as used by manufacturer or similar which I can buy at shop, as ready to fit new motors UK p4 request?

Electronic silicon
Been on eBay China 4-5 wks others seem gasket silicon?
I need the same as used by manufacturer or similar which I can buy at shop, as ready to fit new motors UK p4 request?
Depends on how you install the prop mounts and how you connect motor to the board too i guess

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl