Separation of display from recording format

Reaction score
It seems to me a bit daft, when recording in d-log that your heads up display reflects exactly what is being recorded. It makes everything much harder to see in the sunslight, with a loss of perceived contrast and brightness.

Is there no way to artificially boost what I'm seeing on screen just for the purposes of flying? Would be a useful feature if not.

I only record in DLog and have no issues seeing the display. Something else must be going on. What device are you flying with. Are you using manual settings?

An iphone 6, mostly on manual. It's not that it's un-viewable. I can still see what I'm doing. It's just that if you're flying in the sun, logic suggests you'd want the backlight of your screen pumping out as many lumens as it's capable of and d-log, by it's very nature, subdues the image. It's like looking through the viewfinder of your SLR to see a pre-processed RAW format. I understand why that's important - but at the same time, it would be really handy to say "okay, I know what my recorded footage looks like, now I want everything boosted for daylight viewing"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20