Sending flight view to a larger screen

Reaction score
I use an Ipad air to flight my Phantom 4. Normally I use the Litchi app. I have to do a demonstration with a large group of people. Is there a way I can send the view I get on my Ipad to a larger monitor for a group of people to see it better?

NOTE: None of these are from experience!

You could consider using AirPlay mirroring to the Monitor if you can connect an AppleTV to it (allows a wireless connection).

Alternately, you can try using the Apple Lighting Digital AV Adatper. This gives you an HDMI out while allowing a lightning passthrough. As I have not used it I am assuming it will pass the Controller data through as well and not just power / Video.

Link to Apple product: Lightning Digital AV Adapter.

You can install the HDMI output module onto your Tx and simultaneously send signal to tablet and another source.

I've used the Airplay option to go from iPad to Apple TV and it works but remember it requires a WiFi connection on both devices for AirPlay to work.

I think there is an hdmi output cable you can get for your phone. I got one for my android phone. A friend with IOS said he could get it. Just cost a bit more.

I think this is it.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter

On android it is called slim port

The output module is the way to go but Is not advertised for the P4. I don't know why they don't have it as a standard factory output. Is anyone using the module in P4?

Reactions: scootrkitz
I have the HDMI output module installed on my P4 remote controller. The same module is compatible with both the P3 and P4.

Is it easy to install?
Yes -- it takes about 5 minutes. Here's a how-to:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you need to install any upgrades to the firmware?
You will most likely have to update the firmware on your remote controller if you're running a version released prior to September 2015.

I had to try it, I bought the Lightning Digital AV Adapter and gave it a shot... It could connect via HDMI port fine to the TV but connected to the controller it could not connect to the bird. So I'd say it's a no go, unless of course anyone has some suggestions of what I may have done wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31