Send your P5 WishList!

Reaction score
The P5 which probably will come this spring, We know DJI is looking at forums, what's your P5 wishlist ? And price wish ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

anything but white

1. Current limited fixed voltage outlet on the shell
2. RC controlled relay on the shell
3. RC controlled variable voltage output on the shell
4. 3D full OA capable of sensing thin objects like power lines. Able to figure out safe route out
5. Able to land, float and take off on water
6. Capable of stably flying in winds at 40mph
7. Able to RTH even without GPS and compass
8. Able to take hit of a free fall from the height of 20'
9. Easy to replace motors, shell and landing gear
.... many more

Reactions: John Locke
number 8 on list doesn't make since if your a good pilot wont crash

1. Current limited fixed voltage outlet on the shell
2. RC controlled relay on the shell
3. RC controlled variable voltage output on the shell
4. 3D full OA capable of sensing thin objects like power lines. Able to figure out safe route out
5. Able to land, float and take off on water
6. Capable of stably flying in winds at 40mph
7. Able to RTH even without GPS and compass
8. Able to take hit of a free fall from the height of 20'
9. Easy to replace motors, shell and landing gear
.... many more

Regarding #8, all drones can do that today. They just won't be flying very soon afterward. :p

Reactions: flpholt
My wishlist includes:
1. Moving the camera forward 2" so the props are out of the view when flying 35mph in calm conditions.
2. Counterbalance the camera forward position with a bigger 99W battery for longer flight times.
3. Z4 camera (3X zoom with the 1" sensor) option.
4. Same 350mm size drone, but using 12" props instead of 9". Do that with different height props with overlapping props. Slow down the props to be quieter, but allow high RPM when needed for more lift.

Given the P4P release, I don't expect a P5 until Fall 2017 at best. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: gppms
My wishlist includes:
1. Moving the camera forward 2" so the props are out of the view when flying 35mph in calm conditions.
2. Counterbalance the camera forward position with a bigger 99W battery for longer flight times.
3. Z4 camera (3X zoom with the 1" sensor) option.
4. Same 350mm size drone, but using 12" props instead of 9". Do that with different height props with overlapping props. Slow down the props to be quieter, but allow high RPM when needed for more lift.

Given the P4P release, I don't expect a P5 until Fall 2017 at best. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm buying the P4Pro, so I hope it takes longer ahahah, so I don't regret buying he P4P;)

There are similar threads, but even so, the list of desires is getting smaller after the P4P was released.
Here are some of my desires:
I still want a more robust airframe. Even though cracks may not be as common in the P4, I want them to not be an issue...period.
I would like to see some folding design for compactness.
A camera forward design so props and even prop shadows are no longer a issue.
At least a 4 mile range that is REAL in most environments and not just over flat deserts and water.
Waterproofing...just kidding. Minor water resistance would be nice, though.
An RC with similar screen as the Mavic Pro, and it coming standard with HDMI.
This is put out there not for me, but does a hot battery switch-out help any of you commercial pilots? If so, some way to not have to power down the bird when swapping out batteries. Inspire 2 has 2 batteries so it is an added feature for that model.
Another prosumer feature that would be neato is to have multiple cameras available to the public
Color options
Lastly but probably the least popular(I wouldn't doubt) is a dedicated location for the FAA number. If I run into some type of LE officer, local, state or federal, I don't want them messing with my bird to find the number.

There are similar threads, but even so, the list of desires is getting smaller after the P4P was released.
Here are some of my desires:
I still want a more robust airframe. Even though cracks may not be as common in the P4, I want them to not be an issue...period.
I would like to see some folding design for compactness.
A camera forward design so props and even prop shadows are no longer a issue.
At least a 4 mile range that is REAL in most environments and not just over flat deserts and water.
Waterproofing...just kidding. Minor water resistance would be nice, though.
An RC with similar screen as the Mavic Pro, and it coming standard with HDMI.
This is put out there not for me, but does a hot battery switch-out help any of you commercial pilots? If so, some way to not have to power down the bird when swapping out batteries. Inspire 2 has 2 batteries so it is an added feature for that model.
Another prosumer feature that would be neato is to have multiple cameras available to the public
Color options
Lastly but probably the least popular(I wouldn't doubt) is a dedicated location for the FAA number. If I run into some type of LE officer, local, state or federal, I don't want them messing with my bird to find the number.

That was an awesome wishlist, But They still have to make it so it is under the inspire 2, so probably no changeable camera atleast. Also 2 batteries probably gonna be a problem :/

That was an awesome wishlist, But They still have to make it so it is under the inspire 2, so probably no changeable camera atleast. Also 2 batteries probably gonna be a problem :/

I don't think of two full size batteries, but a connection on the airframe where you can connect another power source while you changeout batteries. Again, I don't know if it is anything a commercial pilot would need with a Phantom, but if so, let's get her done.

If DJI is going to continue with a similar Phantom airframe form factor, I don't see them going with a choice of cameras. However, I can see them having camera choices if they go with a new form factor. I'm just a hobbyist, and I can live with props and prop shadows in the shot(even though I'd rather not have them if possible), but if DJI is going to continue to improve and innovate at least of the level expected of them, they will have to put out a camera forward design. I'm no engineer, but I see that design being more kind to a multiple camera choice platform.

Some high tech solar cells on the top of the shell without weaken the structure for SW support and Gimbal moves.
Another wish would be to combine different flight modes (would also go to 3rd party software)
Fixed low resolution back camera to "control" backward flights

and of course some of the already mentioned features in previous comments.

1) An even better Camera than P4P (mechanical zoom?)
2) Quieter drone.
3) No Propellers in shot (maybe the camera can extend lower once drone is in flight).
4) Stream 1080p to controller.
5) Top sensor for a 6-way object avoidance
6) Lighter materials or more efficient motors for faster and longer flight time.
7) Even less signal loss/interference so that the rates range is more achievable.

My wish list is short:

A) Fix basic tilted horizon issue at the hardware level once and for all.

B) Improve obstacle avoidance range, ability to work in low light and add top sensor.

C) ability to set EV differences in multi exposure shots. Currently locked at 2/3rd EV, would like to set larger values (up to 2 stops would be nice for us HDR fans)

Those apply to all P4s

P5?

D) bigger motors and props

E) improved range

F) dual batteries for improved flight time or at least the same time given greater power needs of D&E above) and hot swapping one at a time.

G) stronger everything! Bird is way too fragile, nearly any bump requires replacing something.

H) higher and improved ISO quality (reduce noise at higher ISO)

Here is a generic request for DJI: add an east coast repair facility so UPS shipping doesn't add 4-7 days for some of us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.