Security guard put me under citizens arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Went to the Rams game on Sunday and watched the game. After everyone was leaving, I went back to the stadium and walked back into the seating area that was empty. There were security guards at the gate to the seats but they let me through and didn't stop me. Then from there I walked onto the field, nobody said anything to me plus it was empty. Then I went to the tunnel and there were more security, walked passed them like no big deal.

Later this CSC guy in a suit comes after me and takes me to the police. And then tells the police to do a citizens arrest on me for trespassing. I didn't interfere with anything or steal equipment, I just enjoyed myself and chilled like no big deal. I assumed the worst that would happen is I get caught and just be ordered sternly to leave. This guy gave me no chance to just leave, he immediately took me to the police.

He has no idea if I trespassed, he just assumed I did. But the thing is, his security team let me through so I was grated access by someone. I wasn't given any warning not to be there prior and showed up again, I was arrested without any warning?

WTF, that security guard started accusing me of being a possible terrorist and wasted 5-6 hours of my time going to jail. To just end up being cited out and on my way home. I had to behave just to please the officers and not rack up another charge for resisting arrest.

But WTF, this guy is no more than a mall cop, and he arrests me with no warning? If you must do your job, just tell the person to leave with the warning of being arrested if seen again. Most the time, that's enough to deter a prankster. But seriously, this was just a prank and I didn't interfere with anything.

I doubt the NFL players themselves would have given any shits if I was there. I've been to many places, most the time they just tell you to leave and not come back. But I had no idea why this CSC suited guy wanted to arrest me with no warning. He just saw me there without credentials and made assumptions I trespassed, even though technically his other security co-workers granted me access. So to me, this seems like a huge misunderstanding because I did not force my way in, I simply walked around like anyone else backstage.

Nobody had a problem with me around. I never seen a security guard place request citizens arrest. I've been on the Red Carpet of the Emmys, I did get caught later, I did talk to police officers, but they didn't arrest me. These NFL cops arrested me just because some security officers told them to, making citizens arrest. Wasted my time, ended up getting out like no big deal. But the police detained me for like 5 hours with no idea if I was gonna get out. I was super close to spending the night in jail, but thankfully got out because I am no terrorist and I have no warrants.

I was more just like a fan who wanted to see players up close and personal. I didn't even bother any of them, I just watch them pass by me. But this security guard needs to act like he's protecting the president of the USA. But the NFL players are just normal people who give no ****** who is around them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: joeyjan19
mw_stare.gif

Unless you specifically asked an employee for permission to enter, you were not granted access by security. Letting you pass without challenge was a mistake on part of security, but that doesn't give you permission to trespass.

Without credentials, you are not allowed in the stadium before or after game and you are never allowed on the field. Why are you complaining about security doing their job? If you don't want to get hassled, don't trespass. The LA Memorial Coliseum building policies clearly state that going on the field could lead to arrest
COLISEUM FIELD ACCESS
Only authorized personnel with proper credentials will be permitted on the field before, during, and after a game. Any unauthorized person going on to the field will be removed and subject to ejection and/or arrest.

Reactions: BigAl07
Wow, is it possible to truly believe that going onto the field and down the tunnel would be ok !!!! Im supprised you werent tackled by a few guards !! And not the NFL kind!

Reactions: DrDoom and BigAl07
Didn't you just recently post about "Sneaking into a facility"? Come on JF you're not thinking very clearly here.

Why in the world are you mad/upset when you know good and well you were exactly where you're not allowed to be. You broke the rules and you got caught. Accept it, pay whatever penalties (if any) and go about your life.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
I have to believe the OP is a kid. I sure hope the thrill of sneaking into places and trespassing is worth it to him when any police record reduces his chances of being accepted into a college or being hired by an employer.

Unless you specifically asked an employee for permission to enter, you were not granted access by security. Letting you pass without challenge was a mistake on part of security, but that doesn't give you permission to trespass.

Without credentials, you are not allowed in the stadium before or after game and you are never allowed on the field. Why are you complaining about security doing their job? If you don't want to get hassled, don't trespass. The LA Memorial Coliseum building policies clearly state that going on the field could lead to arrest

Well technically I passed by other security guards and they granted me access with no credentials. And I passed by more security guards who said nothing so I assumed it was fine.

So security didn't do their job right. Bunch of them let me go through, and then one guy has a problem and wants to arrest me.

Well bunch of security people let me in without credentials. So to me it seem fine and no big deal if they were not stopping me.

It was until one guy had a problem, saw I was there, and took me to police. I wasn't informed it was a private area, any fan could have just walked there not knowing if nobody asked for credentials.

So it's security fault for not informing that was a credentialed area. If they told me to leave I would have.

Well bunch of security people let me in without credentials. So to me it seem fine and no big deal if they were not stopping me.

It was until one guy had a problem, saw I was there, and took me to police. I wasn't informed it was a private area, any fan could have just walked there not knowing if nobody asked for credentials.

So it's security fault for not informing that was a credentialed area. If they told me to leave I would have.
I think you are being disingenuous here. You knew exactly what you were doing and you have posted before about doing this sort of thing at other venues. If it was "fine and no big deal", why didn't you just ask if it would be OK for you to go down to the field?

I think you are being disingenuous here. You knew exactly what you were doing and you have posted before about doing this sort of thing at other venues. If it was "fine and no big deal", why didn't you just ask if it would be OK for you to go down to the field?

I was given permission to keep walking through. First guards at the gate entrance where fans go to their seats were like "you're fine, come through". I go to tunnel, those security let me through or didn't say anything, so I was granted access by two layers of security.

If that area was so restricted, why they made it so easy to just walk through? Fan could just wanna get a closer look at the players and see what goes on after the game. I don't see any harm done, I didn't disrupt anyone's work. But yeah I pretty much can dispute that it's security's fault for having two layers of security grant me access, then having their head supervisor put me under citizens arrest with no warning of this being a restricted area. Most the time, they just tell you to leave, but this guy just wanted to be a hero to no one.

I knew I was going to the tunnel where most fans don't get to go. But then it's their job to inform me I am not supposed to go there. Not allow me to pass, then arrest me after I was granted access. If it's off limits, they should have trained their security guards better. They just assumed I looked like someone who should be there, so I took it.

He could go tell the NFL players how he arrested this one guy for being around them, most of them probably wouldn't care if they knew I was there.

I was given permission to keep walking through. First guards at the gate entrance where fans go to their seats were like "you're fine, come through". I go to tunnel, those security let me through or didn't say anything, so I was granted access by two layers of security.

If that area was so restricted, why they made it so easy to just walk through? Fan could just wanna get a closer look at the players and see what goes on after the game. I don't see any harm done, I didn't disrupt anyone's work. But yeah I pretty much can dispute that it's security's fault for having two layers of security grant me access, then having their head supervisor put me under citizens arrest with no warning of this being a restricted area. Most the time, they just tell you to leave, but this guy just wanted to be a hero to no one.

I knew I was going to the tunnel where most fans don't get to go. But then it's their job to inform me I am not supposed to go there. Not allow me to pass, then arrest me after I was granted access. If it's off limits, they should have trained their security guards better. They just assumed I looked like someone who should be there, so I took it.

He could go tell the NFL players how he arrested this one guy for being around them, most of them probably wouldn't care if they knew I was there.
Maybe you could devote your life as being a security tester

By your admission, you walked down to the field and to the tunnel by acting as if you were supposed to be there. The security staff failed to check your credentials, but that is not the same as getting permission. The odds are that the supervisor that gave you a hard time probably had a few choice words with the people who didn't check your credentials.

I'm not sure why you think you have something to dispute. You went somewhere that you were not supposed to be and got caught.

Reactions: Myetkt and BigAl07
Stop feeding this troll. Maybe not a typical troll but is just looking for attention.

So a 30 year old guy walks past security layers, knowing it's off limits. And describing the security fellow as "having a problem" with what he was doing? He was doing his job, knucklehead. Play with fire, sometimes you get burned. I'm sure there were some "Authorized Personnel Only" signs that he walked by. Doing that means he was trespassing and coulda/shoulda went to jail

Stop feeding this troll. Maybe not a typical troll but is just looking for attention.

Well, I'm banned from another forum, until I find time to make a new email acct.

But cool got to see what jail is like, kinda sucks, I feel bad for the other guys that were in the cell for since Friday on Sunday night. One guy said something the same like he was about to be "cited out", but then had a warrant for a ticket in San Diego he said never happened. But at the same time, I
By your admission, you walked down to the field and to the tunnel by acting as if you were supposed to be there. The security staff failed to check your credentials, but that is not the same as getting permission. The odds are that the supervisor that gave you a hard time probably had a few choice words with the people who didn't check your credentials.

I'm not sure why you think you have something to dispute. You went somewhere that you were not supposed to be and got caught.

Not everyone in the tunnel had a credential. But maybe I was supposed to be there if security said to walk on through. Maybe just the assumption that I could be working there was enough to let me through. But seriously, there's nothing that crazy in the tunnel of the NFL, it's not like the presidents there. Just football players, who look the same as your average guy at the gym.

So a 30 year old guy walks past security layers, knowing it's off limits. And describing the security fellow as "having a problem" with what he was doing? He was doing his job, knucklehead. Play with fire, sometimes you get burned. I'm sure there were some "Authorized Personnel Only" signs that he walked by. Doing that means he was trespassing and coulda/shoulda went to jail

He could have told me to leave, but he gave me no warning and went to the cops immediately. Technically for someone to trespass, online resources say the person needs to be notified that there are not allowed to be there. No one said that, so I lingered around. Until one guy had a problem and made the cops do a citizens arrest.

I'm talking to CSC now, they're gonna call me back later. I think those security guards just wanted some entertainment of arresting someone, even if I posed no threat and made up stuff about being a possible terrorist who needs to be investigated. Most security guards just tell you to leave and I would obey that if they told me so.

Well, police investigated, found out I'm no terrorist, and I'm now out of jail. Great job of the NFL wasting police resources for nothing, I hope they pay them extra or make generous donations to have police be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl