Security doubts.

Reaction score
Hi All.
I was flying with the Litich and I lost all control of the drone, the drone was not more than 800m. I started DJI GO 4 and managed to bring it back successfully.
Now I am thinking of taking the following action before flying, and I would like your opinion if RTH will work.
1. Turn on DJI GO 4 get the RTH set up.
2. Switch to Litich and initialize flight. If for some unknown reason you lose control of the drone, returning to DJI GO 4 will the RTH option work?
Thax in advance.

Do not run both apps at the same time. Make 100% certain that Go is completely killed before starting Litchi, and vice versa. RTH works the same in both apps. Whatever your RTH settings are in GO will be the same in Litchi, unless you change them.

I was flying with the Litich and I lost all control of the drone, the drone was not more than 800m. I started DJI GO 4 and managed to bring it back successfully.
Now I am thinking of taking the following action before flying, and I would like your opinion if RTH will work.
1. Turn on DJI GO 4 get the RTH set up.
2. Switch to Litich and initialize flight. If for some unknown reason you lose control of the drone, returning to DJI GO 4 will the RTH option work?
RTH has to work if signal is lost so it doesn't matter what app you use.
How RTH works is hard-wired into your Phantom and the RTH height and Loss of Signal settings don't change or get lost so there should be no need to open DJI Go before using Litchi.

It would be best for you to find out what really happened so you can properly prevent that from reoccurring.
Your description of the incident doesn't make it clear what happened but recorded flight data might.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the actual cause of the incident.

Are you certain this is the correct Log? The maximum distance is no where near 800m, its only 390 f
Capture.PNG
eet. I see nothing in this log out of the ordinary except for a brief signal loss. Evidently you closed out Litchi and that point and switched. But the distance doesn't match your description.

On a second note, you only lost signal ( Per this log) for 1.4Seconds. That is not long enough for auto RTH to initiate.

Are you certain this is the correct Log? The maximum distance is no where near 800m, its only 390 fView attachment 94075 eet. I see nothing in this log out of the ordinary except for a brief signal loss. Evidently you closed out Litchi and that point and switched. But the distance doesn't match your description.

Yes it is the log. I am sorry, I put a lot more on the distance. Yes you are right. At that point of fly I switch to DJI GO 4 because my iPad screen become black and the phantom did not respond to any command. Weird not?

Not odd at all. You simply lost downlink from the aircraft for 1.4 Seconds. In approximately 2 seconds RTH would have initiated, however you regained signal at apparently the exact time that you closed Litchi. Had you waited for that last 1/2 second or so, you would have regained downlink or RTH would have kicked in. This is just a guess, but from what I am looking at appears to be what happened.

Just to clarify what I said about the downlink. You should have manual control of the aircraft even after downlink loss. As long as the RC uplink is still good. I saw nothing in the log regarding the uplink, so was basing this on a guess. RTH will occur upon complete signal loss of 2 seconds.

Just to clarify what I said about the downlink. You should have manual control of the aircraft even after downlink loss. As long as the RC uplink is still good. I saw nothing in the log regarding the uplink, so was basing this on a guess. RTH will occur upon complete signal loss of 2 seconds.
Try 3 sec after signal loss, that extra second might make a difference to the OP :)

Well just cut my legs off and call me stump. :p So, I was off by 1000ms.
500ms is seemingly very significant here.

In all seriousness I was being tongue in cheek- RTH (and signal loss behaviour with downlink and control being seperate) is a big area of confusion for many. I know it was for me when starting out. A full understanding of how it works leads to safer flights and peace of mind.

My advice is read the RTh section of the manual thoroughly and find an open area to practice RTH operation.

It's a worry to see that you started the flight with the battery at 63%.
If that was shortly after another flight, on the same battery that may be OK.
But if it was a battery that had been sitting for a week or more, that is bad and can be a good way to lose your Phantom.

It's a worry to see that you started the flight with the battery at 63%.
If that was shortly after another flight, on the same battery that may be OK.
But if it was a battery that had been sitting for a week or more, that is bad and can be a good way to lose your Phantom.
Hooo my ... that was a very good warning. I had not think about that. We have to be very carefully and follow the check list rules step by step or a little mistake can bring to us a serius problem. Thanx again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl