SD card not formatting

Reaction score
I got a 64G Lexar 633x xc I for my phantom 4. Everything was working great and then all of a sudden it won't let me erase the clips from the drive. When I try to format it on the app it says card error and when I try to rewrite in in disk utilities on my mac it won't let me either... I'm stumped at the moment any ideas?!!

Try the card in another camera?
I think best option will be just get another from a reputable source.
The cost of them has dropped so much over the years you want a spare anyway for those unfortunate moments when you are about to take off but card is still at home in the card reader.

I some how killed two 64 GB Sandisk USH-1 cards just after purchasing my drone. All I was doing was trying to use the PC to copy the files from a USB adapter to my PC.

Lifetime warranty so I just brought them back to Costco and have not had an issue since.

I don't really know why they died, but I now I leave the SD card in my P3P and copy the files from the P3P to the PC directly and I've had no issues since. I do know it had something to do with Windows 7 not recognizing the full 64 GB card, but why that killed them????

Known issue is not performing sdcard Unmount before removing from PC. Some data might be still "in transit" btw sdcard and PC and cause errors. But generally recoverable by using some tools to scan and fix errors, until it's internal file allocation table can manage bad sectors (if table full of corrective reallocations then card is definitively dead).

Not saying was your case, just to highlight Unmount good practice.

Of course better replacing the sdcard..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers