SD card Invalid

Reaction score
Having a problem with SD card. Today we videoed, transferred footage, got 2 of 6 files moved then file corrupted error. Now card needs to be reformatted. I've had this occur twice. They have been Sandisk class 10 cards. Anyone else?

Is this the original card that came with the standard??

If not, your card could be a fake (they make a 4gig into a 32gig).
If I purchase a card, I check to make sure its authentic before using it.
On android, there is an app called SD insight. Just insert card and it will check validity.

I had a bunch of files get corrupted by using a digipower card reader. Read some reviews and found out it was a common problem with the reader I got. Not sure how you're transferring though so may not be applicable.

I had this on a 64 gig card. Needs to be fat formatted. Can do in Windows but the large cards can causes issues.

I just installed a 64gb in mine. In Windows I formatted as ntfs. Popped it into the gimbal, said invalid sd card, proceeded in formatting it within the app, and all is working fine.

Issue with my MicroSD today. Used successfully 2 days ago, 32GB, lots of space. Recorded 127.1Mb video (.mov file) with usual accompanying .srt file, which was only 3kb. Anyway .mov file would only play first 17 seconds of video then aborted. No error messages. What happened? I must have a corrupt file, so will re-format MicroSD(as FAT), does this make sense to those that have overcome such an issue?

See my list above.. I did this and all works fine now for 10 flights and counting.

Issue with my MicroSD today. Used successfully 2 days ago, 32GB, lots of space. Recorded 127.1Mb video (.mov file) with usual accompanying .srt file, which was only 3kb. Anyway .mov file would only play first 17 seconds of video then aborted. No error messages. What happened? I must have a corrupt file, so will re-format MicroSD(as FAT), does this make sense to those that have overcome such an issue?
You have to be sure that you turn the video record off, before you power down the P3 or you will corrupt the file.

You have to be sure that you turn the video record off, before you power down the P3 or you will corrupt the file.
Thanks bobmyers. Oh, oh...guilty. Thinking back that is likely what I did --powered off before stoping video. My worst habit. Second worst is when I forget to start the recording before landing!
Yikes. Must redo my pre-flight checklist in bold font.

Reactions: bobmyers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20