Screen Glare Issues - Advice Please

Reaction score
Hi All. Just looking for some help and advice from others regarding glare issues. I have a new ipad mini, the one that apparently has reduced glare, I also have the hood for it but still find it hard to see the screen on bright days. anyone have any recommendations to help solve this. surly im not the only one with this issue.

Also what is the VR goggles thing like, anyone use them?

thanks in advance guys

Glare can be reduced by using anti glare Matt screen but it can't be totally reduced.

VR goggles display in enclosed case and you don't get any glare therefore. But everyone doesn't like using VR goggles as you lose LOS easily.

Ive been researching this very thing atm. Some say goggles can be a pain as you swap between LOS and FPV. I found this hood

link

Worth a look. I'm going to order it. Ill let you know how it is

Reactions: w00dhackr and rjm71
At the risk of burning in hell, I use fatsharks to firstly reduce glare but to also get a fpv perspective whilst flying around the area where I live. I have a hood for my device but standing under a tree was fine until I needed to realign my antenna to push through the forest and ended up in bright sunlight. I clearly don't have LOS due to the canopy and find the goggles are the go to device for monitoring my flight. My neck is bare and my back is exposed so have a shot........

Reactions: Splacto
Cool...at the risk of making a hood purchase mistake I've decided to research FPV goggles some more. So you recon the fat sharks are OK tevek? Do they interfere with los then fpv switching? What is the Fatshark model you have?
Cheers!

Cool...at the risk of making a hood purchase mistake I've decided to research FPV goggles some more. So you recon the fat sharks are OK tevek? Do they interfere with los then fpv switching? What is the Fatshark model you have?
Cheers!
For me the Fatshark v3 work just fine, not sure what you mean by the switching bit but they are not immersive in the sense that the Headplays are. The cinema experience from the Headplays spin me out which is why I went for the fatsharks. They don't come with a charger but I needed one for my boosted amp set up so I killed two birds with one stone.

Oh yeah sweet, By switching I meant going from looking at the drone and flying then pulling the goggles down around ur eyeballs. Heard one guy say they can fog the goggles while pulled up on forehead. So you've got an amplified fpvlr antenna kit too yeah? I ordered one couple days ago. How does it go?

Oh yeah sweet, By switching I meant going from looking at the drone and flying then pulling the goggles down around ur eyeballs. Heard one guy say they can fog the goggles while pulled up on forehead. So you've got an amplified fpvlr antenna kit too yeah? I ordered one couple days ago. How does it go?
Ok, I only remove/replace the goggles during take off and landing. The Fatshark v3 googles have a fan at the top that you can turn on to help with any fogging issues, I haven't had any yet and we've had some stinking hot days and pretty cold mornings. As for the FPVLR boosted kit, it is a definite improvement for flying in the forest, I have plenty of distance but was chasing penetration and they're doing the job. Happy dayz...

that's great news. I got them for the same thing. I have watering points on our farm at 3.5kms behind a hill that I need to check with the drone and the factory antenna would lose signal. Hoping the boost will help. I have a nervous wait atm as my P4P+ got sent back to DJI for them to assess and send me a new one (hopefully) ;)
I haven't heard great things about the speed of cogs in the dji team...

that's great news. I got them for the same thing. I have watering points on our farm at 3.5kms behind a hill that I need to check with the drone and the factory antenna would lose signal. Hoping the boost will help. I have a nervous wait atm as my P4P+ got sent back to DJI for them to assess and send me a new one (hopefully) ;)
I haven't heard great things about the speed of cogs in the dji team...
Good luck with your dji service, yet to use them for anything and being in Australia my quad needs to travel 4500 klms for warranty repairs. As for inspecting the watering points, make sure the hill doesn't play havoc with your signal and any RTH events. The boosted kit is good but not that good

Yeah I see you're in WA. Im in Qld near Kingaroy but born n raised in the Pilbara WA on cattle stations. The hill in question was reasonably handled by the P4P stock antenna before I sent it away (Melbourne DJI Aus). Super excited about the fpvlr antennas. Just hope I have a rc to rig em up to ;)

Yeah I see you're in WA. Im in Qld near Kingaroy but born n raised in the Pilbara WA on cattle stations. The hill in question was reasonably handled by the P4P stock antenna before I sent it away (Melbourne DJI Aus). Super excited about the fpvlr antennas. Just hope I have a rc to rig em up to ;)
I'm hoping you're good to go, you won't be disappointed. Are you doing the antenna install yourself? The boosted bit is a no brainer but I paid a bloke to do the antenna mod. The Pilbara is a beautiful part of the world, city slickers have no idea.

Yep..touch wood, I've been mucking with rc stuff for a while, I'll give it a crack. Love and miss the Pilbara. I'll be back there soon. Just cant wait to shoot the Hamersley ranges and Karijini gorges with the drone hahaahaa.

Reactions: tevek
Ive been researching this very thing atm. Some say goggles can be a pain as you swap between LOS and FPV. I found this hood

link

Worth a look. I'm going to order it. Ill let you know how it is

Thanks for the link, prob a bit bulbous for my liking. Im going to give the goggles a try i think. Now for what i can make out I think i need the HDMI part for the controller and some goggles. anything else im missing out on?

Thanks for the link, prob a bit bulbous for my liking. Im going to give the goggles a try i think. Now for what i can make out I think i need the HDMI part for the controller and some goggles. anything else im missing out on?
You need #54 HDMI module from dji and a charger if you get the fatsharks.

e8af6e6e95b1e9711eaf694b8016e890.jpg

A cheep sun shade,,4$,,diy.

True. You **** the sheets this morning, early for you ;)
I have the P4P+ remote and comes with the hdmi outlet already installed. I was looking at the Fatsharks Dominator HD3 Modular set last night. Hexy at $658au best price I found. $460au for V3. I know you have the V3 version but do you recon they are all you need for the proximity awareness etc of FPV or do you think they could be better? Basic comparison between the two by the look is 30 degrees field of view with V3 and 42degrees HD3. Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic