Screen Glare Issues - Advice Please

True. You **** the sheets this morning, early for you ;)
I have the P4P+ remote and comes with the hdmi outlet already installed. I was looking at the Fatsharks Dominator HD3 Modular set last night. Hexy at $658au best price I found. $460au for V3. I know you have the V3 version but do you recon they are all you need for the proximity awareness etc of FPV or do you think they could be better? Basic comparison between the two by the look is 30 degrees field of view with V3 and 42degrees HD3. Thoughts?
Yeah, I left one of the cats outside by mistake and it woke me up.....I didn't have enough coin for the HD3 goggles, but if you search YouTube, there are a few comparisons which show the HD3 goggles are better with respect to fov, better resolution as you stated. I tried a few different brands prior to buying mine to make sure they worked for my old eyes and I'm fine with them. The only other thing is you may need diopters if your eyes are suspect.

True. You **** the sheets this morning, early for you ;)
I have the P4P+ remote and comes with the hdmi outlet already installed. I was looking at the Fatsharks Dominator HD3 Modular set last night. Hexy at $658au best price I found. $460au for V3. I know you have the V3 version but do you recon they are all you need for the proximity awareness etc of FPV or do you think they could be better? Basic comparison between the two by the look is 30 degrees field of view with V3 and 42degrees HD3. Thoughts?
Tevek?

So how's the sensation of goggles stack up over looking at the tablet/phone screen?

So how's the sensation of goggles stack up over looking at the tablet/phone screen?
Weird to start with but it certainly gets better now that you don't have to squint at the device screen. You can fly out in the open without standing under a tree to see what's going on and the experience of getting a much better perspective of where you are is worth the money. My only issue is getting your situational perspective when flying around or near trees as they look a lot closer than actually are. Matter of practice and the size of your kahunas....

Reactions: Splacto
Hi All. Just looking for some help and advice from others regarding glare issues. I have a new ipad mini, the one that apparently has reduced glare, I also have the hood for it but still find it hard to see the screen on bright days. anyone have any recommendations to help solve this. surly im not the only one with this issue.

Also what is the VR goggles thing like, anyone use them?

thanks in advance guys

Even the most pricey hoods are just satisfactory. I either have to in shade or turn myself to block the sun. With the hood it's a bit better but it's still like mirror. Ipad mini 2. Have not tried an enti glare screen but I have heard mixed reviews on that.

I use a shade and drape an oversized t-shirt over my head and the iPad. That works great and it's simple.

Reactions: jsposito
e8af6e6e95b1e9711eaf694b8016e890.jpg

A cheep sun shade,,4$,,diy.
Sunshades are worthless [emoji107][emoji6]

Reactions: jsposito
Hi All. Just looking for some help and advice from others regarding glare issues. I have a new ipad mini, the one that apparently has reduced glare, I also have the hood for it but still find it hard to see the screen on bright days. anyone have any recommendations to help solve this. surly im not the only one with this issue.

Also what is the VR goggles thing like, anyone use them?

thanks in advance guys
These work good with ipads. hoodivision

Hwcm ,to each his own,,it works for me and that's what counts,,you just gotta find what works for you,,

It will be interesting to see the Crystal Sky monitor from DJI. Check out their web page under drones. I called and they weren't letting anything out of the bag. They claim that they can make the screen 4x brighter than a standard cell/tab. We will see. Although i cant imagine that you would be able to run Litchi/FPV Camera or Autopilot apps from it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj