Satellite Positionning off warning. any idea? Help, please?

Reaction score
Hello,
I've seen posts with similar title, but my problem seems a bit different. all seems to bev ok, but i can't fly...

I am a pro photographer using phantoms for several years and by know i think i am fairly advanced user. Today I stumbled on an error or warning, which forced me to not do my job. I am on a location, photographing kite surfers in a high wind, using my new P4P.
This new drone performed well (if you don't count crashing DJI4 Go app which is annoying when you are in rhe air, working).
Yesterday I had all systems ok and able to fly in high winds. Today, not changing anything at all - i brought my drone to shore to work - and it told me it is ready to fly in VISION mode only. Satellite positionning off. it said. But I had a max in satellite count, 17 or 18 at times. the little logo showing no problem with satellites. Yet - it keep saying positioning is off. i waited for a long time, restarted everything, and the same problem. I had to abandon my flight as very high, gusty winds over ocean can be a tricky thing without GPS, whe i need to concentrate on best shots, not on keeping drone in stable position.

couple of hours later, in a slightly different place I tried again - and immediately had green Ready to Go GPS mode message. I flu up, and all was well, but couple of times for a brief moment it changed to the same message "Satellite Positioning off, fly with caution". Any idea why would that be? i am in barbados - a super flat terrain with no interference, plenty of satellite signal.
It makes my new drone not reliable for work. any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks and cheers to the group.
Derek

Hello,
I've seen posts with similar title, but my problem seems a bit different. all seems to bev ok, but i can't fly...

I am a pro photographer using phantoms for several years and by know i think i am fairly advanced user. Today I stumbled on an error or warning, which forced me to not do my job. I am on a location, photographing kite surfers in a high wind, using my new P4P.
This new drone performed well (if you don't count crashing DJI4 Go app which is annoying when you are in rhe air, working).
Yesterday I had all systems ok and able to fly in high winds. Today, not changing anything at all - i brought my drone to shore to work - and it told me it is ready to fly in VISION mode only. Satellite positionning off. it said. But I had a max in satellite count, 17 or 18 at times. the little logo showing no problem with satellites. Yet - it keep saying positioning is off. i waited for a long time, restarted everything, and the same problem. I had to abandon my flight as very high, gusty winds over ocean can be a tricky thing without GPS, whe i need to concentrate on best shots, not on keeping drone in stable position.

couple of hours later, in a slightly different place I tried again - and immediately had green Ready to Go GPS mode message. I flu up, and all was well, but couple of times for a brief moment it changed to the same message "Satellite Positioning off, fly with caution". Any idea why would that be? i am in barbados - a super flat terrain with no interference, plenty of satellite signal.
It makes my new drone not reliable for work. any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks and cheers to the group.
Derek
HI I don't have p4p but been reading what are sensors doing,,normal,,read the manual I couldn't see much,,,presume you done calibrations compass and IMU ,,you got good satellite count...maybe turn vps and oa off and on again ..maybe toggle switch on remote not clicking back to p properly like stuck in atti non GPS :)sorry all I can think of ,,good luck sounds like you got dream job:)

well, i did all these things trying to take off. all showing ok, but did not work. all i can think is maybe drone got overheated? it was a super hot tropical sun today, and at a beach it is the hottest... i drove to another spot for about 30 minutes in air-onditioned car, so maybe it cooled off and i started without problems because it was not overheating? this is all i can think of now.... thanks for suggestions, much appreciated. dream job yes, but i did not take photos i wanted...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers