Satellite map images not loading on P4P Plus

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing this problem? If I boot the Plus controller up by itself (no UAV online), it shows great maps for China. But if I start the aircraft and get a GPS lock, it bounces over to my location with just very basic maps, and the satellite images don't zoom in at all, just gives the map a green tint. No detail at all. I've tried tethering to my phone, and hooking up to my home wi-fi, nothing seems to help. Help us, Obi wan(s), your our only hope! ;)

Anyone else experiencing this problem? If I boot the Plus controller up by itself (no UAV online), it shows great maps for China. But if I start the aircraft and get a GPS lock, it bounces over to my location with just very basic maps, and the satellite images don't zoom in at all, just gives the map a green tint. No detail at all. I've tried tethering to my phone, and hooking up to my home wi-fi, nothing seems to help. Help us, Obi wan(s), your our only hope! ;)
Look at your app settings.
Go down to the 3 dots icon and click it.
Down near the bottom are two settings about maps for China - are they both disabled?

I tried it both ways. When enabled, all the legends on the map show the Chinese legends underneath.
My local sat images still do not load, either way. I gave it almost an hour last night hooked up to my wi-fi network, no improvement. You can get a decent image or hybrid map from the "state" level , but when you zoom further in, all that remains is the greenish tint from the image on the normal map. It's like its just not loading the lower images...

There's a similar discussion on forum.dji.com (No Satellite Mapping?). Evidently DJI moved from Google maps to "here.com". When accessed using the browser, the here.com satellite images are OK. But from DJI Go 4.0 maps all you get are blurry blobs if you zoom down to the house/neighborhood level. DJI support is aware of this but I don't know when there will be a fix.

Reactions: Techcop50
Thanks, sakumar. I suspected something like this, I appreciate the information.

Just found out that the App switches back to Google maps if the "Storage" is disabled in the app permissions.

1482699425348.png

1482699436073.png

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Techcop50
Can't access that setting on my P4P+ controller...

Last edited:
There's a similar discussion on forum.dji.com (No Satellite Mapping?). Evidently DJI moved from Google maps to "here.com". When accessed using the browser, the here.com satellite images are OK. But from DJI Go 4.0 maps all you get are blurry blobs if you zoom down to the house/neighborhood level. DJI support is aware of this but I don't know when there will be a fix.
I just went back to the advanced settings and toggled both Chinese map settings on and off one more time, now my HERE maps are loading properly, such as they are. :)

Reactions: sakumar
I believe it also works best when you have a hotspot active and connect the controller to it when out and about. The controller needs a data connection for the maps to work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: DroneOnNDP
I believe it also works best when you have a hotspot active and connect the controller to it when out and about. The controller needs a data connection for the maps to work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I tether to my phone when flying. No data = no maps.

I hope we can use these maps offline, I got them to work with an active mobile connection, but where I am flying we only get service in the far back paddock. Cant get them to load off the satellite internet or cache. The china ones seem to work fine, but that doesn't really help in Australia.

RandyAndy,

Sonofagun! It worked!!

Flying a P4 with all apps and controllers up to date using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E for the monitor or the LG Android phone.

AD

Anyone figure out how to get Google Maps back on the P4P+ Controller? ...Cause I can't seem to get to this "Apps Permissions" on the P4P+ Screen to disable the "Storage" ....Or does someone know of a better way to get Google Maps back?..

Thanks

my app did get google maps back, but didnt show the red arrow for my drone. When i started my drone the app crashed

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic