Running Litchi Mission on Google Earth

Reaction score
Gents..
New to Litchi and flight planning so be kind!
I have uploaded missions into GE and run them ok, but always the camera points forward no matter the settings on the mission. Am I missing something or is it not possible to turn the camera on GE?
Don't get me wrong, I am amazed by this technology and learning as quick as I can!!!

Thanks

Please give a little more detail as to the procedure you are using to accomplish this. Are you referring to GE proper or the mission hub?
They are two different things. And if you are using curved turns, actions in the mission are ignored.

I plan the mission on the Litchi hub.
Export as 3d KML to GE Pro
Then run the flight on GE Pro.
I haven't accomplished any camera turn on GE, whether on straight or curved paths. Or even if the mission is started with camera/bird looking away from straight ahead.

Wasn't aware GE reflects litchi mission actions..

Reactions: Oso
Never had the need to actually run a flight on GE, although I have done a kml export to compare the views. It could be that GE does not support the gimball angles or actions.

Reactions: Oso
Here's what I can offer:

Litchi does not export heading or gimbal info to the KML file, however, it does appear that the KML standard does offer this capability. ( see Touring in KML  |  Keyhole Markup Language  |  Google Developers )

Notice the <heading> and <tilt> tags that seem to indicate it's possible. That would be extremely cool if Litchi would export that info to the KML to do true(er) dry run.

Someone on Mavic pilots has a program for this very thing. I cannot remember who or what post but I will try to find it. You download it for free and it does it all. Like you’re riding the camera on the drone. I tried a couple missions with it and it works pretty good but is a little glitchy. Give me a bit and I try to find it.

Reactions: dansoto
Found it but I don’t know how to post a link. Haha. It’s on Mavic Pilots/General discussions/control apps/(the name of the post is)Virtual Litchi Mission

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj