RTH not working on P3P

Reaction score
My RTH does not seem to be working like it should. Flew today and P3 just lands where it is instead of flying back to home point ... even thought it is set to Return and Land. On 1.19, ipad Air DJI GO. Any ideas?

My RTH does not seem to be working like it should. Flew today and P3 just lands where it is instead of flying back to home point ... even thought it is set to Return and Land. On 1.19, ipad Air DJI GO. Any ideas?
Did you have enough battery power to get home? If it doesn't then it will just land to prevent a crash.

How far away was the Phantom? I believe it needs to be 20m away from the home point to actually return to home, otherwise it will just land.

Mine malfunctioned about a mile out.......lost connection for a few seconds, RTH kicked in and it shot up 150 feet even though the RTH altitude was set at 30m.

Mine malfunctioned about a mile out.......lost connection for a few seconds, RTH kicked in and it shot up 150 feet even though the RTH altitude was set at 30m.
That's a good problem to have, but it sounds like your RTH alt might be set to 50m.

Yeah, I read about yours earlier but was wondering if Bugatti was far enough away to initiate RTH.

For your issue, there is a max height and RTH height setting in the app. I wonder if the RTH height setting overrides the max height setting.

What were both set to?

That's just it.....mine was set to 30 meters so why would it shoot up to 250 feet? I think there's a glitch with RTH. Most people don't ever use the function unless there's a problem so this needs to be addressed before we really need it to work especially since DJI continues to drag its feet with home lock.......

That's just it.....mine was set to 30 meters so why would it shoot up to 250 feet? I think there's a glitch with RTH. Most people don't ever use the function unless there's a problem so this needs to be addressed before we really need it to work especially since DJI continues to drag its feet with home lock.......

You didn't answer my question.

What were the max and RTH height set to in the app?

P3 just lands where it is instead of flying back to home point
Your Phantom must be more than 20 meters from the home point. Otherwise, it'll land at its current location. That's as designed.

What is the TRY button?

Reactions: Bullseyeman
If you don't hold down the RTH long enough, it just won't activate the RTH feature. That will not make your Phantom land at its current location though.

Check the highlighted section of the manual.
i-sqV7MFZ-L.jpg

For the RTH function to work does it needs to be connected to phone as well or the phantom could be in air a good distance and once the button is pressed it'll return?

For the RTH function to work does it needs to be connected to phone as well or the phantom could be in air a good distance and once the button is pressed it'll return?
RTH can be activated from the controller without connection to your phone or tablet.
Understanding RTH is one of the most important aspects to flying the Phantom.
There are two pages on it in the manual.
Every flyer should read this and practise RTH to be familiar with it before they need it.

Reactions: Dadcat

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl