RTH No longer working.

Reaction score
The Return To Home button on the RC has stopped working. When I press it, the P3 comes straight down and lands. Could I have done something in the Pilot app? Or is it more likely a problem with the hardware?

It used to work.

I have updated to the 1.9 firmware

Last edited:
The Return To Home button on the RC has stopped working. When I press it, the P3 comes straight down and lands. Could I have done something in the Pilot app? Or is it more likely a problem with the hardware? It used to work.
check in the app you have land set instead of rth

If it does turn out to be hardware, I've opened the controller up and there are these super thin ribbon cables that can (in theory) become disconnected. Perhaps an easy fix.

Hi Bill,

I read/heard somewhere that if you are less than (I think) 60' away the rth will just land...

Try being more than 20 meters away and test it again.

EDIT: The<60' thing is listed as an Inspire feature in the DJI Release Notes o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: DrChris
What you are looking for is at 31:00

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cadillac Bill
P3 must be at least 20 meters (about 67 feet) from the home point for RTH to work. Should be documented in the manual but it's not.

I tested this about 3 weeks ago and posted about it. If I initiated RTH with D: showing 20.5 meters it climbed to the set height.

At 19.5 meters it descended. The voice in the iPad even said "Landing".

I haven't checked this since the the latest firmware and app updates. Could have changed but it's awfully easy to test it.

Last edited:
What you are looking for is at 31:00

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great Video! I think I got it. Waiting for daylight.

One more question. How do we get the aircraft to stop saying "ATTIMODE"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Motorotor
P3 must be at least 20 meters (about 67 feet) from the home point for RTH to work. Should be documented in the manual but it's not.

Yep I agree, the RTH button will not work if you are near the home point, it will just land.

Great Video! I think I got it. Waiting for daylight.

One more question. How do we get the aircraft to stop saying "ATTIMODE"?

Don't carry your P3 by grabbing it with a hand on the top central part. This may block the GPS antennae enough that the P3 won't be able to capture enough satellites to get a good GPS lock thus declaring that only ATTIMODE is available.

Maher

Don't carry your P3 by grabbing it with a hand on the top central part. This may block the GPS antennae enough that the P3 won't be able to capture enough satellites to get a good GPS lock thus declaring that only ATTIMODE is available.

Maher
Wouldn't the satellite reception come back as soon as you move your hand? Not like you are going to fly it with your hand in there.

The video is awesome as far as explaining a lot! Followed it carefully and the RTH button now works fine. The ATTIMODE is maybe when the GPS is not connecting like when I bring the P3 inside. But it just keeps saying "ATTIMODE" until I turn off the battery. No big deal, but annoying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31