RTH altitude

Reaction score
Hi, so I was wondering when the RTH kicks in after loss of signal, what does the craft use for reference of the RTH altitude.

Does it fly back relative to home point elevation, or the point at which it is at?

I can just imagine losing signal at the top of a hill or something and the drone plummeting to the ground trying to achieve the return to home altitude being on top of a hill. Hope somebody can clear this up. Thanks

Hi, so I was wondering when the RTH kicks in after loss of signal, what does the craft use for reference of the RTH altitude.
The RTH altitude setting in DJI GO is the height above the takeoff point. By default, the Phantom will ascend to that altitude before returning back to the home point. The Phantom will not descend down to the RTH altitude if its already above it.

FYI, depending on how close the Phantom is to the home point, it could auto land at its current location too. Check out the RTH section of the P3S manual for more details.

Reactions: Squirrel!
thanks. good to know that it wont descend if its already higher than the RTH altitude.

I was also worried about that when I first set my drone up so I set it to 400 ft to insure I didn't hit anything on the way back. I did eventually lower it to 200ft which is safe for the tree height in my area but I'm usually up to 390 ft when I'm flying anyhow, was surprised to see it remain at that alt all the way back to the home point so I'm guessing that setting is for if your flying lower then that setting it will climb first to avoid things in its path home.

Yes thats right if its below rth alt then it will rise , if your above it will just return home at that alt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl