RTH acting strange this morning.

Reaction score
The other day, I used RTH and the bird landed within inches of where it left. Today, wow, not even close. Never went to altitude I had set to land (300') and started descending immediately heading for the trees. I took control and landed safely but this behavior was very troubling. All settings are ON. Any ideas?

ee23f1119b5b66d873521f961c95f5ad.jpg

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

How close were you to the original take off point? If you RTH closer than 20 m from HP, the bird will just immediately land, just as you described.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Need some help here. When I connect my iPad Air 2 to my mac and bring up iTunes, I do not see any apps, only music. What an I doing wrong?

How close were you to the original take off point? If you RTH closer than 20 m from HP, the bird will just immediately land, just as you described.

I was not closer than 20 m to HP. Wa at least a 1/4 mile away when I started RTH.

Watch this video for instructions on locating your TXT flight logs. After starting iTunes, you'll need to select your device like this:

iTunes-Select-Device.jpg

The above video does not mention this.

Watch this video for instructions on locating your TXT flight logs. After starting iTunes, you'll need to select your device like this:

View attachment 88118

The above video does not mention this.

I watched the video. Like I said, when I connect to my mac, iTunes does not show the apps on my iPad that I used to fly the bird. Personally, I hate iTunes. There must be some other way to get the TXT files other than iTunes.

There must be some other way to get the TXT files other than iTunes.
There isn't another way. Click the device (like in my screenshot above) after iTunes opens and then follow that video carefully. You're missing a step somewhere.

Reactions: tigercruise
You're correct. I finally got the files on my mac, but not on the iPad I flew with so I can't browse to the file with this app. But...

It was pilot error. I hit the wrong button to return home - need to wear my reading glasses from now on.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl