rtf non gps and rtf rth question

Reaction score
hi well after a bit of trouble i am ready to fly again.firstly i took my pv2+ out in open field .flew for 10 min then landed left approx 2hr then new battery full and proceded to fly.got up to 60ft and all ok.then upto 200ft the lost sats and app stated lost contact with controller. so i switched to fail safe but what i thought was staying at altitude and drifting ,was not. i have now watched the recording and it was very slowly decending and auto landing.it drifted approx 1/2 mile away and landed out of site.but unfortunatley landed on uneven surface,causing it to tilt to one side and burn out 2 motors and melt the bottom shell.so all replaced with new.but reading the manual.i dont under stand why it didnt return to home.have set this in the assist.so why didnt it respond to any of my inputs even tho i switched to fail safe.should i have switched to atti to regain 2.4ghz to guide it back my self.?

Your statement said it all. You lost satellites. Without satellite lock and having at least 6 satellites the quad is free flying it doesn't know where to go. The only control would have been to go to atti mode and fly it yourself with line of sight. Don't understatnd your loosing satellite connection though, unless the connector came loose or a malfunction. Hate to hear it burned the ESC and motors as well as damaged the shell. When you are repairing it try to determine why it lost satellite connection. That is your life line for getting her home safely when you lose sight or fly beyond field of vision. I Wes flying yesterday and lost my several time in the sun. Was really bright outside. Used h/l and reverse and she came right back. Home lock is a good feature to. But again it depends on satellite connection. That's the key. Good luck !

Last edited:
hi yes was directly above me and approx 100m infront.so was withing sight.just lost controller.but having checked out the gps module the cables where sloghtly loose.not any more as also bought a new type gps mod that can pick up russian sats too.and has the 4mm antenna fitted.with lots of insulator on as well as cables.you live and learn.so if all is lost best to switch to atti and not failsafe.unless near by and will auto land if in failsafe mode.i have also done a advanced imu cali.as was way out.

hi yes was directly above me and approx 100m infront.so was withing sight.just lost controller.but having checked out the gps module the cables where sloghtly loose.not any more as also bought a new type gps mod that can pick up russian sats too.and has the 4mm antenna fitted.with lots of insulator on as well as cables.you live and learn.so if all is lost best to switch to atti and not failsafe.unless near by and will auto land if in failsafe mode.i have also done a advanced imu cali.as was way out.

Which GPS did you buy that offer Russian sats that will drop-in a P2.

Please link or something.

Changing the GPS antenna will not pick up Russian satellites. The whole module has to be replaced and has to have the function to pick up GNNS support for NAVSTAR and support the GLONASS European Gailileo system. Where di you find one that will fit the Phantom and have the same plug etc. I would be interested too.

hi not being funny but if you read the post i did buy a module not just the antenna.it came with a 4mm fitted.so no soldering either.so having done some test
results
front garden old gps morning 3 sats
front garden evening 6 sats and blue.
front garden new gps module morning 7 sats
front garden evening 12 sats
all done on the same day with low solar in exactly the same spot.
my son has the v3 vision plus for approx 1 year and said he has never had over 10 sats anywhere hes flown his.so really happy now

Ok you fully have our attention. What is the part number and where can we get the module that is plug and play for the Phantom vision +2 which picks up both US and European satellites. I need them also!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20