RTH Failsafe

Thanks for sharing your experience. A couple of things I have learned from this thread. Don't run your batteries down real low. I think I'll pick 30% as my goal on the AC battery. Does that sound reasonable? Next, I gotta read up on the different RTH and land-now options. Seems there are more different conditions than I was aware of.

Thanks for sharing your experience. A couple of things I have learned from this thread. Don't run your batteries down real low. I think I'll pick 30% as my goal on the AC battery. Does that sound reasonable? Next, I gotta read up on the different RTH and land-now options. Seems there are more different conditions than I was aware of.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

@Uzi3L
Yes, thanks sharing!
RTH, has a lot of details and surprises.

Rod

Reactions: Uzi3L
So in regards to battery , Low Battery Warning as set by user, is just a warning? Critical battery warning it sets down in place; and RTH ( other than tx signal loss or user initiation) is when aircraft senses just enough charge left to get home?
You got it, 100% right on. I like to set my numbers to 30% for the warning and 10% for the critical.

Yes that's a good number to give you a heads up. I like to set my numbers to 30% for the warning and 10% for the critical

Reactions: Uzi3L
Couple posts from the past that I have learned from. :rolleyes:

Best Method to RTH?

@Uzi3L
I really thought reading your story, it was going to be like this thread. ;)

Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Rod
Thanks for the reading.
RTH on mine works fine every other time. well this time too. The functuon its sell is good. It was just the critical battery condition that on reading more of others post the general belief is it will make the drone land and not do a RTH regardless if its in the 20m radius or not. So if this info is correct then it can not have been a critically low battery in my situation, im thinking but i need to look at what are the defaults on the drone out of the box, because mine def did RTH which is good but that i could not cancel it (i wasnt worried about where it was landing only that it went to RTH hight with low battery and wortied it was going to fall out of the sky)
But all turned out good.

I said i was not going to run battery so low again but this deserves more testing to see if it was just me freaking out or my situation can be repeated. But this time ill just sent the drone to hover in one spot til battery runs low and do it all with in 20m of take off spot.

Lets hope my next flight experience im not on here saying i have hit a tree/building or most likely me as from now on ill fly in the middle of the BIG open field not from the edge.
[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RodPad
I think I'm the same, I upped mine to 30%, when it didn't make it back on a RTH, need to recheck again, by the way, to anybody that doesn't know, after a firmware update, software update, check all your settings. RTH settings, camera settings, battery settings, farkin everything. :rolleyes:

Rod

Thanks for the reading.
RTH on mine works fine every other time. well this time too. The functuon its sell is good. It was just the critical battery condition that on reading more of others post the general belief is it will make the drone land and not do a RTH regardless if its in the 20m radius or not. So if this info is correct then it can not have been a critically low battery in my situation, im thinking but i need to look at what are the defaults on the drone out of the box, because mine def did RTH which is good but that i could not cancel it (i wasnt worried about where it was landing only that it went to RTH hight with low battery and wortied it was going to fall out of the sky)
But all turned out good.

I said i was not going to run battery so low again but this deserves more testing to see if it was just me freaking out or my situation can be repeated. But this time ill just sent the drone to hover in one spot til battery runs low and do it all with in 20m of take off spot.

Lets hope my next flight experience im not on here saying i have hit a tree/building or most likely me as from now on ill fly in the middle of the BIG open field not from the edge.
[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah, battery testing, I wasn't testing mine, the wind was, $286.00 mistake.

Rod

The RTH kicks in based on battery needed to get back home - not 30%.

That 30% fig is a warning figure only.

Page 12 ..... of manual.

Nigel

I agree, I think, but it didn't make it back, my wife got the low battery warning she had the tablet, asked what should we do?
(Panic mode) = .T.
Yeah, hit the RTH button on the app.
It was confirmed to be heading back RTH
Mistake ?, (yes/no)
Today, yes I made many mistakes.

Related to this thread, the setting in the phantom, did not give me enough warning so it could RTH, the winds that were 150' above me were to to strong it never made it back to the home point.

Everything is great, tell you make the mistake.

Rod

The model can never account for wind factors in its RTH battery needs. That's the killer.

Personally I come home before my 'battery' indicator hits that mark.

For newbies .... while flying out from your home point - you can see the RTH mark on the battery power line move ... indicating its auto RTH point.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT