RTC Vs RTH

Reaction score
I did testing today settin my Phantom 4 Pro to Return to Controller. Then, I walked around a path to determine if the drone would return to me and the controller. No matter what I did, Low level flying. Pressing the RTH or letting the battery die. The drone always returned to the launch site.

What am I missing here?

Jim

I did testing today settin my Phantom 4 Pro to Return to Controller. Then, I walked around a path to determine if the drone would return to me and the controller. No matter what I did, Low level flying. Pressing the RTH or letting the battery die. The drone always returned to the launch site.
What am I missing here?
You say that you reset the home position and then moved away.
Resetting the home point does not continually follow your movement, updating the home point as you go.
It simply resets the home point to the current location of the controller.

It's a feature you could use if flying from a moving car or boat but not something that's much use if you are standing on the ground.

You say that you reset the home position and then moved away.
Resetting the home point does not continually follow your movement, updating the home point as you go.
It simply resets the home point to the current location of the controller.

It's a feature you could use if flying from a moving car or boat but not something that's much use if you are standing on the ground.
This is exactly what I was trying to do. Set the home point to the location of the controller. When I said I walked around a path, I had the controller in my hand, just as if I was moving in a car. Is there a correct sequence for setting the home point to the controller. Each time, I set the home point to the controller before I took off.

This is exactly what I was trying to do. Set the home point to the location of the controller. When I said I walked around a path, I had the controller in my hand, just as if I was moving in a car. Is there a correct sequence for setting the home point to the controller. Each time, I set the home point to the controller before I took off.
When you reset to the controller's location, your new home point is where the controller is (or was) at the time you reset it.
It won't follow you, updating as you go.
If you want the drone to come to where you have moved to, you would have to reset where you want the drone to come to.

When you reset to the controller's location, your new home point is where the controller is (or was) at the time you reset it.
It won't follow you, updating as you go.
If you want the drone to come to where you have moved to, you would have to reset where you want the drone to come to.
Are you saying that I need to reset the RTH position to the controller location just before I press return to home?

Jim

Is there any way to set the controller as the home point for low batter RTH.
this is important for doing movies while walking.
There is no dynamic home point feature if that's what you are wanting.
The drone will not continue to update the home point to follow the controller.

Reactions: Rick218 and ron-ep
There is no dynamic home point feature if that's what you are wanting.
The drone will not continue to update the home point to follow the controller.
How does follow me update the home point such as driving in a car?

How does follow me update the home point such as driving in a car?
It doesn't. The home point is a static point that is set either at launch when the Home Point is set or when you decide to reset it to controller location, as already specified by @Meta4

Reactions: Rick218 and ron-ep
Is there any way to set the controller as the home point for low batter RTH.
this is important for doing movies while walking.
The best way to take care of that is NOT to depend on RTH for getting your drone back safely. Don't let the battery ever get low enough to trigger the failsafe RTH. That is a certain recipe for problems.

I have another question. Do you know why the audio "The Home Point has ben set" is no longer working?
The most common explanation is that your volume has been turned down.
Otherwise the sound file might not be played if the app is too busy with a few different things happening at once.

Reactions: ron-ep
To have the drone follow anything you need to initiate visual tracking and identify an object you want tracked by identifying it on the controller screen.

If you're using an iPad without cellular support, you cannot reset your home-point after launch because the iPad doesn't have GPS support. That may be what you're missing. Answer post #2 and we may be able to help.
One would think that the warning message about not having GPS data would be obvious if that was the issue?

I find these forums of great benefit from a learning perspective. In summary, correct me if I am wrong, the Home Point is a static point, be it the RC or the AC. The craft will return to the point where the AC was or the RC was when the HPoint was set.
The follow me, my car, my bike is not a HPoint issue, but an a dynamic attachment to a moving object!

Reactions: Kima kim

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic