Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Vicrimo said:
AnselA said:
Vicrimo said:
For those of you wondering if the new tx will work with the rotorpixel gimbal, let me tell you it does :D . I got mine from dji yesterday and paired it with out a hitch. Calibrated the left dial and everything works like a charm. The movement from the dial is very smooth and precise in my opinion.

Can you control tilt/pitch speed?

Haven't played with the speed yet. I'll try it out later. Right now I have it set at 100 and that's good enough for me.

I mean, can you control pitch speed by the amount of the dial turn?

Haven't played with the speed yet. I'll try it out later. Right now I have it set at 100 and that's good enough for me.[/quote]

I mean, can you control pitch speed by the amount of the dial turn?[/quote]

yes.

Leoss said:
Hi. Does anbody know the current lead time for the gimbal? I notice that they still state pre-order on http://www.rotorpixel.com when trying to buy.

Hugo

He should really update that website... I believe the lead time is inside of two weeks at this point. They're finally all caught up with backorders...

-slinger

now I have a problem with one of the connectors from the pitch motor
where to order spare parts?

thanks

Geert said:
Miguel said:
now I have a problem with one of the connectors from the pitch motor
where to order spare parts?

thanks

Spare parts can be ordered directly from Rotorpixel.
See : http://www.rotorpixel.com/store/

Geert./.

The connectors are standard 3 pin connectors. (2.54 mm) If you know how to solder you can easily replace them with connectors from your local hobby dealer.

Any idea of when a third axis will be added? I am having issues with a slow left, right twitch... Overall I love the gimbal, and maybe it's not as noticeable to others as it is to me. Also, I have searched and can't confirm the best way to combat lens glare and improve image quality... What lens kit is the best, and where is the best site to order it? What exactly does it improve? I see some on Amazon, but they have horrible reviews..

Sorry for all the questions!

http://youtu.be/wHRzi7tbkkc

thanks for the tip dkdarkness
I am not a handy man , just will order a new one

geert thanks for the link

Vicrimo said:
For those of you wondering if the new tx will work with the rotorpixel gimbal, let me tell you it does :D . I got mine from dji yesterday and paired it with out a hitch. Calibrated the left dial and everything works like a charm. The movement from the dial is very smooth and precise in my opinion.

anyone know if the 7th channel is working fully with a 3rd party lever installed to the original TX with 3.08 (I'm still running 1.08 to have access to the 7th channel with my installed lever but would like to upgrade so I can finally experiment with ground station etc as well..)- also any tips on ensuring I get notified by email when someone replies to me here at phantompilots.com in general would be appreciated- I always check the box 'notify me when a reply is posted' yet I'm never notified by email..

Thank you in advance

Remember the video from some time ago where the rotoP was being demonstrated in front of a mirror? Well mine when the quad is rolled up, down, or right it holds position OK. But when rolled left at a certain point it goes into the vibrating mode. No tight or strained cables, so any ideas to fix?

Happyflyer said:
Remember the video from some time ago where the rotoP was being demonstrated in front of a mirror? Well mine when the quad is rolled up, down, or right it holds position OK. But when rolled left at a certain point it goes into the vibrating mode. No tight or strained cables, so any ideas to fix?

The 8 bit basecam controller doesn't handle extreme angles very well. As the Phantom while flying seldom tilts more than 15% on the roll axis, it really shouldn't be a problem in real life application?

DKDarkness said:
The 8 bit basecam controller doesn't handle extreme angles very well. As the Phantom while flying seldom tilts more than 15% on the roll axis, it really shouldn't be a problem in real life application?
Yes, that must be it. Checked the angle and it was about 22 degrees when the rattle started.

DKDarkness said:
What flight times are you getting with the stock DJI props?
Hi- only finally had a chance to test the flight time with the p2v & rotorpixel gimbal (had to wait for new props)- and it took only 11 minutes to get from 98% battrey to 25%.. and from approximately 80% and below it required proprtionately more and more throttle to maintain altitude (won't remain at same altitude with left stick in center position)..this is very dissapointing after all the expense and long wait time for the gimbal to be getting these results- (note I have the prop guards and dji filter set attached which of course is extra weight above stock)- don't know why no one else is reporting similar issue..any advice to resolve this would be greatly appreciated

Geert said:
theSelf said:
anyone know if the 7th channel is working fully with a 3rd party lever installed to the original TX with 3.08 (I'm still running 1.08 to have access to the 7th channel with my installed lever but would like to upgrade so I can finally experiment with ground station etc as well..)-

Yes it works. See : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28434

theSelf said:
also any tips on ensuring I get notified by email when someone replies to me here at phantompilots.com in general would be appreciated- I always check the box 'notify me when a reply is posted' yet I'm never notified by email..

At the end of the page, left side, you can check a box to subscribe to a topic. Then you will get an email when someone replies in that topic.

Geert./.
good news re the 7th channel- just need to fix my 'not holding altitude' and low battery life issues first now..hmm- I've already had the 'subscribe' box checked..but still not getting notified of messages..

I crashed a while back and lost all pitch movement on my gimble. After mich trouble shooting, Keri thought that the pitch control chip on the control board was damaged. So I ordered and just installed the new board. When I powered up, the gimble worked perfectly, except I cannot control the pitch up/down from my iPhone DJI app. The slider on the app moves up and down, but not the camera. All wires are firmly connected, and the pitch works when I move the phantom, just not when I use the app to point it up and down. Any suggestions? Could this be a firmware or settings problem? I have eliminated every piece of hardware that it could be. I have the rotorpixel recommended settings DJI assistant.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Jim

Gotcher6 said:
I crashed a while back and lost all pitch movement on my gimble. After mich trouble shooting, Keri thought that the pitch control chip on the control board was damaged. So I ordered and just installed the new board. When I powered up, the gimble worked perfectly, except I cannot control the pitch up/down from my iPhone DJI app. The slider on the app moves up and down, but not the camera. All wires are firmly connected, and the pitch works when I move the phantom, just not when I use the app to point it up and down. Any suggestions? Could this be a firmware or settings problem? I have eliminated every piece of hardware that it could be. I have the rotorpixel recommended settings DJI assistant.
Jim

In Vision assistant, if you change the gimbal pitch middle value, will the camera picth change?

Gotcher6 said:
Jim

The pitch when you move the camera (leveling) is controlled internally within the gimbal. The pitch control from the app/7th channel is controlled from the F2 port on the NAZA-M flight controller. Check the 3 lead wire coming from the phantom and if it is correctly connected to the Basecam controller board that you replaced. The orange wire should connect to the signal pin on the board. One of the wires may be damaged in the crash. You can check the wire by connecting the original 1 axis "gimbal" to the wires and check if the tilt works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z