Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

GMANNZ said:
for Pull_up's colonial backup ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs[/youtube]

Yikes ... :shock:

Clearly a communist! ;-) And now, back to non-political talk about the RotorPixel, and how do you connect it to the servo connector?

DKDarkness said:
GMANNZ said:
for Pull_up's colonial backup ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs[/youtube]

Yikes ... :shock:

Clearly a communist! ;-) And now, back to non-political talk about the RotorPixel, and how do you connect it to the servo connector?

Ummm Communists do it left handed??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gfredrone said:
Got my tracking number. 357

Has anyone seen a black one in the wild? Seems like everyone who went white is getting theirs.

You could have a good point there! Whoops there I go talking about bloody gimbals again sorry !!

Bigvern said:
gfredrone said:

Has anyone seen a black one in the wild? Seems like everyone who went white is getting theirs.

You could have a good point there! Whoops there I go talking about bloody gimbals again sorry !!

Well, standard 3Dprinter fillament comes in batches of 600g, so it is only to calculate the weight of the printed parts, to figure out, when they changed to a black fillament roll :-D

By the way, what DOES the gimbal weigh without the FC200?

gfredrone said:
Old Gazer said:
gfredrone said:
Old Gazer said:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

24 to go! I'll just pretend I'm Jack Bauer on a mission and time will pass like nothing.

I ordered black, how about you geezer? Going covert...

HA HA. Gazer not geezer. Although my wife prefers geezer.
I went for the clean look of white.

Oops my bad Gazer. Dang auto correct, lol. Has anyone seen a black one in the wild? Seems like everyone who went white is getting theirs.

I ordered black and have received my shipping notification.

gfredrone said:
Old Gazer said:
gfredrone said:
Old Gazer said:

24 to go! I'll just pretend I'm Jack Bauer on a mission and time will pass like nothing.

I ordered black, how about you geezer? Going covert...

HA HA. Gazer not geezer. Although my wife prefers geezer.
I went for the clean look of white.

Oops my bad Gazer. Dang auto correct, lol. Has anyone seen a black one in the wild? Seems like everyone who went white is getting theirs.

I ordered black and have received my shipping notification.

It's important to remember that weight is not the only thing that affects flight times. Gimbal motor efficiency and amp draw is also important. We're able to get away low power settings, since our motors are capable of tossing around bigger cameras.

The most important number is the potential flight time. Just a few days ago, I did another endurance test, running a battery down to around 5%, and broke the 19-minute barrier. Why compare apples to oranges, when flight times are a level playing field?

Our gimbals are likely heavier than others (I don't even know how much ours weighs!), but this weight comes with a much stronger aluminum frame, more powerful motors, a protective control board case, upgradability to other camera systems in the future, and is still capable of up to 19 minute flight times.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out there, since people tend to compare weights under the assumption that flight times are directly related... which is not the case when dealing with a system that pulls power from the main battery as well.

Keri

I think it looks well made...Battery costs will hopefully come down, so it may not be an issue in the greater scheme....Now...If I could just get my paws on one. ;)

They look great Keri.

The Rookie.

Ha, I hadn't even thought about weight from a gimbal comparison point of view - I don't have anything to compare it to! I was just curious as I hadn't seen any weights and measures, and people are thinking of ways to fit in their cases, etc. Obviously the added weight is going to have some impact, and I won't be taking mine down to 5% (unless it's time for a battery recalibration as per DJI instructions), but I wondered if you noticed any performance hit on things like climb rate - this is going to be the case with any gimbal, but as I haven't had one before I didn't know if there's any noticeable changes.

Rotorpixel:

Was there anything that prevented this gimbal (with camera mounted) from being designed to stay within the skids? Just curious. Seems like the vertical bar could have been angled/extended to push it back an inch or more. Or maybe that would have thrown the balance off? I don't know, you tell us, as you are the expert. Thanks.

33jn80y.jpg

Jre said:
Rotorpixel:

Was there anything that prevented this gimbal (with camera mounted) from being designed to stay within the skids? Just curious. Seems the vertical bar could have been curved a bit more to push it back a little. Or maybe that would have thrown the balance off? I don't know, you tell us, as you are the expert. Thanks.

Physically, there's nothing preventing us from keeping it within the skids at all. However, in an effort to prevent props from being in the frame, we dropped the camera as low as possible (while still giving some clearance), and pushed it as far forward as we felt necessary to keep video footage free from props.

Also, if you pop the camera out (a 10 second process), and tilt the camera mount upward, the system should be within the landing skids (it may protrude a few millimeters). When the camera mount is balanced for a Vision camera with a filter, then the camera mount will be completely within the landing gear.

Keri

Rotorpixel said:
Physically, there's nothing preventing us from keeping it within the skids at all. However, in an effort to prevent props from being in the frame, we dropped the camera as low as possible (while still giving some clearance), and pushed it as far forward as we felt necessary to keep video footage free from props.

Also, if you pop the camera out (a 10 second process), and tilt the camera mount upward, the system should be within the landing skids (it may protrude a few millimeters). When the camera mount is balanced for a Vision camera with a filter, then the camera mount will be completely within the landing gear.

Keri

Thanks Keri. I wouldn't really care if my pre-cut case didn't allow for just the area of the skids with no room to spare.

Is it safe to assume that instructions will be provided on balancing it for the camera with a filter kit and also without?

I was hoping to get some flight time today but sub freezing temps and steady winds 10 to 15 my with gusts to 25 would have yielded lower then average flight times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Rotorpixel said:

Keri

Props out of view is extremely important to me, particularly flying upwind and capture image/video with camera tilted up as high as it can go. There are times when you want more sky then ground. ;)

Rotorpixel said:
It's important to remember that weight... ...which is not the case when dealing with a system that pulls power from the main battery as well.

Keri

WHAT??? Why are you answering forum posts????!!!!! Aren't you supposed to be ASSEMBLING MY GIMBAL????!!!

:D

:lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72