Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

GetaGrip said:
Just leave the screws slightly loose, set balance, mark position with a pencil, remove camera check position and tighten screws, re-install camera...done ;)

True. I was really trying to get at the fact that a balance act might be required each time you fly, filter dependant. I guess you could index 2 lines, 1 for with and 1 for without filter. That is, however, a tad more work in the field then I think I want to do. I pretty sure I will just balance for the filter adapter, then use a counterweight for when flying with filter. That way, if I want to add or remove its a simple process. I'm sure the weight penalty would be insignificant.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 413
Shedracer said:
Pull_Up said:
45 minute drive to the depot!

Standby. ;)

Where on earth are you having to drive 45 min, to your nearest depot? Thought Oxford was your nearest.

Kidlington, yes. 47 mins there but only 38 back. :cool:

So gimbal got, gimbal installed, gimbal filmed. Real life has to intervene now for a couple of hours, but the fog is lifting so might get a test flight in and then do a combined kitchen table and sample footage one later.

I have to say though, the black motors and my circ polariser set each other off nicely...
u7arytep.jpg

Nice one Mr PU........interested to know how easy you found the balancing for the DJI filter kit ?

That's tonight's entertainment booked lol

;)

I'm gonna break down and order mine today.
I know, I know .... I'm operating in character, and I've considered I might be waiting now until December to get one.
But, as market forces always prevail, I do know it'll be raining these gimbals in little more than 10 weeks from now.

Let me ask those who have them: My lens filter ring weighs in at ~12m, and my circular polarizing filter weighs in a 15.3 gm.
So if I decide to fly at night, and remove only the 15.3 gm polarizer, do you think there would be a need for a re-balance?

Thats a clean look PU. I'll have the same setup w/ filter except my RP is black. Wondering if I should have went white now. Hmmmm...

FYI, a tip on seeing the full picture is to right click the picture and open in new tab.

Can we get a 360 of pictures?

Pull_Up said:
Shedracer said:
Pull_Up said:
45 minute drive to the depot!

Standby. ;)

Where on earth are you having to drive 45 min, to your nearest depot? Thought Oxford was your nearest.

Kidlington, yes. 47 mins there but only 38 back. :cool:

So gimbal got, gimbal installed, gimbal filmed. Real life has to intervene now for a couple of hours, but the fog is lifting so might get a test flight in and then do a combined kitchen table and sample footage one later.

I have to say though, the black motors and my circ polariser set each other off nicely...
u7arytep.jpg
Looks good! Do you have enough clearance for the Flytrex in the rear? I also noticed that you don't have the tensioning screws installed. Will you be using them?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72