Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
Yeah, I've calculated that as part of the total true cost to me, landed in the UK. With the £to$ rate at the moment, and assuming I get stung for everything HMRC can get, then it should still arrive at about the £300 mark, delivered.

The dronexpert gimbal is coming in at around the £450 mark, delivered.

Of course, if only there were some trustworthy and friendly people I could somehow find in the US who could buy it, find that they didn't really like it, then send it to me as low-value, used gift the day after I coincidentally sent them some US currency in appreciation of how much I like their use of the word "drone"...

;)

Indeed, be even better if they maybe, perhaps, accidentally bought 2 of them .... would definitely be a lucky break :)

Pull_Up said:

Of course, if only there were some trustworthy and friendly people I could somehow find in the US who could buy it, find that they didn't really like it, then send it to me as low-value, used gift the day after I coincidentally sent them some US currency in appreciation of how much I like their use of the word "drone"...

;)
There is a distinct possibility I would also like to become new best mates with a cousin from across the pond. Maybe my new UK friend (above) and I could, between us, come up with the funds to enable our US cousin to celebrate the friendship with something cold and fizzy (no, not beer ;)). After all, two unwanted gimbals would fit nicely into a standard DHL small packet, or other carrier, thereby producing savings that would fund said bottle of fizz.

(caveat - nothing vintage ! )

Edit: just seen bunyarra's post - seems to be quite a lot of interest in fostering US/UK friendships
Edit2: one potential fly in the ointment would be that any American friend would have to pay sales tax whereas if ordered direct then presumably it would be exported tax free (not sure how sales tax works in the US - is it levied at the rate where the supplier is or at the rate where the customer lives ?)

Shrimpfarmer said:
As always its great to see you speaking to your potential customers directly like this. It is much appreciated. I for one don't expect you to constantly be feeding us updates and I understand that providing feedback often leads to unreasonable requests for more and more information. Good luck with your testing and by all means give us an update when you can but don't let that slow the delivery of the product.

I agree and truly thank you for the update.
Allan

Rotorpixel said:
AllanVB said:
Why is it so hard to give your fans an update a couple time a week. I know you're busy, but we are the buyers. Let us know if you have something to sell.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any further updates worth mentioning yet - except for the updated render (attached) which shows that the Vision camera mount allows the DJI filter holder to be installed.

As I explained a couple of days ago, we're expecting production samples to be arriving any day now (we were told early this week). The parts were apparently finished yesterday just past the shipping deadline, so they're shipping out today (Thursday) to arrive tomorrow. Once we have the samples, we'll assemble them (only 2 gimbals-worth), put them in the air, and then will update everyone on the status. If all goes well, then we'll have around 100 sets of parts by Feb 10.

It's not hard to share updates, but please understand that we are a small, relatively new company, and have been completely overwhelmed literally with hundreds of requests for these gimbals already - we're doing our best!

LeoS said:
@Rotorpixel: any introductory promotion of any sort for the first batch? ;) you can even start a preorder list

Once we know that our design is working perfectly, we may start taking pre-orders, but that is a slippery slope. Just look at the other people making these gimbals... they've taken plenty of money, but haven't delivered anything on time yet. We like selling our products, but only when we have something to ship out immediately.... however, we're being somewhat bombarded with pre-order requests, so we may give in to the demand. We'll have more information on this very soon. Stay tuned!

Keri

Keri,
Your rendering does not match the camera holder you showed us in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtE2FZc9_A

Am I missing something?

Pull_Up said:
Either the euro rate has changed or I missed something on their website, then.

Aha - just found it. Unless you pay via the Dutch bank network they add a 3% transaction charge. Brings it to £461 at today's rate.

Can you reclaim the VAT on yours, though? That's a big chunk at 21%...

i could have but i didnt originally purchase it as a business unit (long story) and its more hassle than i can be doing with explaining to the bookkeeper where i did fund it from! . all i can tell you is that the total was £405 until they came asking for another £80 's worth of VAT at 21% - hence £485 delivered

Rotorpixel said:
Once we know that our design is working perfectly, we may start taking pre-orders, but that is a slippery slope. Just look at the other people making these gimbals... they've taken plenty of money, but haven't delivered anything on time yet. We like selling our products, but only when we have something to ship out immediately.... however, we're being somewhat bombarded with pre-order requests, so we may give in to the demand. We'll have more information on this very soon. Stay tuned!

That's cool :) and do let us know if there's anything we can do to assist with the process... (test, feedback, ideas, etc..)

AllanVB said:
Rotorpixel said:
Unfortunately, I don't really have any further updates worth mentioning yet - except for the updated render (attached) which shows that the Vision camera mount allows the DJI filter holder to be installed.

Keri,
Your rendering does not match the camera holder you showed us in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtE2FZc9_A

Am I missing something?

She has already answered it and the subsequent posts also mentioned the fact that the mount is reversed (upside down).
We don't need updates twice a week, we just need to read the updates more carefully. They're very informative as it is.

LeoS said:
She has already answered it and the subsequent posts also mentioned the fact that the mount is reversed (upside down).
We don't need updates twice a week, we just need to read the updates more carefully. They're very informative as it is.

Right you are.
Thank you Rotorpixel... I am anxiously awaiting your new Gimbal to test in Oregon, USA. I also have lots of "friends" in UK. :cool:

AllanVB said:

We decided that it would be easier to alter the mounting mechanism to free up the screw holes under the camera, rather than trying to build in our own filter mount... so now that the holes are free, the standard filter holder from DJI will still work perfectly.

LeoS said:
She has already answered it and the subsequent posts...

Wait, let me check..... yep, there's a ***** in my pants, and it's definitely mine. :lol:

Keri

Rotorpixel said:
AllanVB said:

We decided that it would be easier to alter the mounting mechanism to free up the screw holes under the camera, rather than trying to build in our own filter mount... so now that the holes are free, the standard filter holder from DJI will still work perfectly.

LeoS said:
She has already answered it and the subsequent posts...

Wait, let me check..... yep, there's a ***** in my pants, and it's definitely mine. :lol:

Keri

lol - Keri
You made my day! Have a great day yourself!

Also, with the camera's front surface and circular lens ring completely accessible,
my 52 mm stick-on filter adapter will now work as intended. Thanks.

UPDATE: The production samples were ready on Wednesday, and were shipped out on Thursday morning, but didn't arrive on Friday, despite paying for an overnight shipping service. Instead, they'll be here on Monday (Fedex claims at least). We're anxiously waiting for them to arrive so that we can give everyone a proper look at the new gimbal, rather than these 3D renders!

Here's the latest render, showing where the AlexMos gimbal control board is located.

Attachments

• Rotorpixel Vision Gimbal V3.jpg
    Rotorpixel Vision Gimbal V3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,016
Nice
Thanks for the update!
It would be lovely to have a look at the real thing!
Glen

Looks very promising! if the final product turns out I'll definitely be a customer providing it's at the right price point.

Personal thanks to the folks at Rotorpixel for being the ones to innovate a gimbal for us P2V users who want smooth useable footage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik