Rotating phone/tablet for better video stream.

Your screen is locked if you unlock it the image will always be corrected when you rotate tablet.
I am relatively certain that this issue has been resolved....further comment on the particular detail of the subject is unnecessary.

Reactions: Ansia
Hay, today I was in the opportunity to test the theorie with my xiaomi mi pad 2.
Stuff:
Phantom 3 pro
Rc standard in CE mode standard antenna’s.
Both latest firmware
Software DJI GO before ... latest version.
Location, country side in Holland with free vieuw in almost all directions.

After each run i twisted the tablet and changed the battery.
The heading of the drone was in all the runs the same and the rc was fixed on a standard to avoid other movements.

First run tablet home button right
3100m before the first warning of video signal lost

First run tablet home button left
3800m before the first warning of video signal lost

Second run
Home button right
3200m before warning

Home button left
3800m before warning

Thirth run
Home button right
3100 m before warning

Home button left
3900m before warning.

So it seems to me that it makes an difference. (Approx 20-25% in video signal strenght) if the tablet’s homebutton is left or right oriëntated on the rc.

Luckely i have 6 battery’s so i could test it in one place within the same conditions. (Sun, hardly wind)

The signal from the remote controle was and is all the runs full strenght so i haven’t tested that further. In all the runs i could have go much further but that was not the meaning of this short tests.
Maybe next time i will test it with my other remote controle with 7dbi db external antenna’s omni and directional. Lets see then if the differences are the same, for now my battery’s are in the loader.

Last edited:
Great Genem56! Thanks for these tests!

There are several cell phone apps that show the signal strength of WIfi signals and also other signals in the same two frequency ranges. One of these is called Wifi Analyzer. It shows the name and strength of all of the signals within its range. The signal is usually coming from the drone for video and from the controller for control. Adding this app to your tablet would show the signal strength coming from the drone and you could determine which position is better or if there is any difference at all.
One of my phones with that app shows a difference when placed in different positions and even when tilted away or toward the drone. It's not a big difference, but because drone wifi signals are weak, even a tiny difference is important.
Another use of the app is showing what other signals are present in the area you are flying in. It even shows channels. That can tell you which channels might be best.
My LG G5 is a little position sensitive, also my fire tablet. I can't say for other phones. I don't have the time to show how this works, but some of you may.

Apparently it is opposite for the Samsung Tab A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj