Reaction score
Obviously not filmed with a phantom, but relevant nonetheless. Hope you guys enjoy and I'd love to hear feedback.

I like the concept. The whole process looks clean and very to the point.

Well done :)

This is relevant regardless of the type of drone you have! Too many people get hurt falling from roofs. I know of people who are paralyzed and can't work as a result of an inspection gone wrong.

USE YOUR MACHINES FOR GOOD

Reactions: BigAl07
This is relevant regardless of the type of drone you have! Too many people get hurt falling from roofs. I know of people who are paralyzed and can't work as a result of an inspection gone wrong.

USE YOUR MACHINES FOR GOOD

Hi, everybody.
I'm a Newb here, I normally lurk while learning about my new P3S, but had to say something about this post:

About a month ago I was up on my roof (second story) at the peak ( only a 10 degree pitch here, easy walking) measuring for shingle replacement.
I was backing up, with reading glasses on, when I glanced behind to make sure I had enough roof left to walk on, and stepped backwards into space.

Luckily, it was only about 3 feet down onto the garage roof, but it had a 45 degree pitch.

I started sliding, tried stomping to get enough friction to stop, no good, and when my feet hit the gutter, I figured out that I wasn't going to stop, and pushed off as hard as I could, hoping I cleared the railing on my walkway ( was scared I was going to land on the railing and fold myself backwards) and was still curling myself into a ball when I hit the ground.

Never lost consciousness, and by the time my wife got around the corner of the house (She heard it all, and thought my foot-stomping was me tumbling head over heels) I was back up on one knee, trying to figure what was working and what wasn't.

End result of my idiocy:
dislocated shoulder, destroyed (and now replaced) elbow, Bruce Willis - Die Hard - level roof rash along one arm, and an impressive number of bruises, and that's all.

It could have been so much worse.

Total vertical distance: 32 feet
Freefall: 13 feet

I'm 50 years old, old enough to know better than to do that, but that one second of carelessness almost killed me, and even though I'm blessed that I was able to literally walk away, my arm will never be the same, and I terrified my wife so badly that she had nightmares about it for almost 3 weeks.

My point is that I'm with Omni Drone 100%

These gizmos don't just have to be toys or flying cinematic cameras. They can be used as extensions of our eyes and get places that we can't - safely.

Again, sorry for the long post.

Thanks,

Alan Williams
Mtn View, Arkansas

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi, everybody.
I'm a Newb here, I normally lurk while learning about my new P3S, but had to say something about this post:

About a month ago I was up on my roof (second story) at the peak ( only a 10 degree pitch here, easy walking) measuring for shingle replacement.
I was backing up, with reading glasses on, when I glanced behind to make sure I had enough roof left to walk on, and stepped backwards into space.

Luckily, it was only about 3 feet down onto the garage roof, but it had a 45 degree pitch.

I started sliding, tried stomping to get enough friction to stop, no good, and when my feet hit the gutter, I figured out that I wasn't going to stop, and pushed off as hard as I could, hoping I cleared the railing on my walkway ( was scared I was going to land on the railing and fold myself backwards) and was still curling myself into a ball when I hit the ground.

Never lost consciousness, and by the time my wife got around the corner of the house (She heard it all, and thought my foot-stomping was me tumbling head over heels) I was back up on one knee, trying to figure what was working and what wasn't.

End result of my idiocy:
dislocated shoulder, destroyed (and now replaced) elbow, Bruce Willis - Die Hard - level roof rash along one arm, and an impressive number of bruises, and that's all.

It could have been so much worse.

Total vertical distance: 32 feet
Freefall: 13 feet

I'm 50 years old, old enough to know better than to do that, but that one second of carelessness almost killed me, and even though I'm blessed that I was able to literally walk away, my arm will never be the same, and I terrified my wife so badly that she had nightmares about it for almost 3 weeks.

My point is that I'm with Omni Drone 100%

These gizmos don't just have to be toys or flying cinematic cameras. They can be used as extensions of our eyes and get places that we can't - safely.

Again, sorry for the long post.

Thanks,

Alan Williams
Mtn View, Arkansas
Wow man, glad you're alright.

Ironically, roof inspection was one of the very first use cases I thought of when I got mine. My dad has 5 roofs and a million feet of gutters that all require looking at once in a while. When I went to visit, I took the drone and flew around taking some video for him spotting rust and stuff. Definitely a good home owner use for a cheap-ish drone. And heck, if you could know it would save you a broken back, no cost would be prohibitive.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj