Roll motor overloaded + tilted

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my p4 for a while now. My gimbal started by "bouncing" during flight and sending me gimbal motor overloaded warnings. I did some research and decided to replace the yaw arm (because it was bent), the roll motor, and the gimbal ribbon cable. I did so and have seen little improvement. The difference is that now I can calibrate the gimbal. The problem, however, is that the camera tilts slightly after calibration and gets stuck almost completely on its side when the drone is tilted. When this happens you can also hear what sounds like a scraping sound within the motor casing. Any suggestions or ideas of what wrong?

You can't just replace motors. They are calibrated from the factory to be level, so you need to either swap motor mount heads or you need to have an authorized DJI shop calibrate the motor and ESC. That, or you mounted your camera upside-down.

You can't just replace motors. They are calibrated from the factory to be level, so you need to either swap motor mount heads or you need to have an authorized DJI shop calibrate the motor and ESC. That, or you mounted your camera upside-down.
Any tips on how to do this for the roll motor?

Any tips on how to do this for the roll motor?

Pull off motor, press centering pin down until the head is no longer secure, push pin back up, press motor head from old motor onto new base.
Search for my thread about yaw arm repair for more info, or another member that made a video about it.

Im having same problem. After crash to tree, my YAW arm was bend and gimbal flex cable shorted on bend. I replaced arm and flex, but camera tilted horizontally. video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I think to change motor, but there is alot comments that it could be ESC not the motor. And motor and ESC are programmed so if I change something, then it wont work aswell... in my country for motor change , repair shop wants 130 euros...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31