RF-V16 Tracker - How do I program it to provide Google Maps response only?

Reaction score
How do I program the RF-V16 to provide Google Maps response only?

It seems to have a mind of its own and will provide either a "trackanywhere.org" or "maps.google.com" reply when queried with a dw# command.

I prefer the Google maps reply.

I figured it out. It will reply with the "trackanywhere.org' link if the GPS signal is not strong enough.

Thanks...I used Sam's blog to setup my RF-V16 on Sunday. A must nice read....

Hi n6vmo, just got my rf-v16 too and all set up and working perfectly now. Remember the gps is only awake for 10 seconds every 10 minutes by default, if you want to wake up the gps just send tim,1# wait for the response then send the dw# command for an accurate gps location via google maps. afterwards send tim,10# to put it back to default.

Hi n6vmo, just got my rf-v16 too and all set up and working perfectly now. Remember the gps is only awake for 10 seconds every 10 minutes by default, if you want to wake up the gps just send tim,1# wait for the response then send the dw# command for an accurate gps location via google maps. afterwards send tim,10# to put it back to default.
Hi UKflyer I've just purchased a rf-v16 but I'm having trouble choosing a sim package. I purchased a lebara sim but I'm having trouble. Would you mind letting me know what carrier & sim package your using. I've heard t-mobile do a good pay as you go package.
Thanks any info will be much appreciated.

Peter

I'm having the same problem but it's worse. When it sends back a trackeranywhere link it's broken up into 2 SMS messes so it makes it useless to click on the link. I'm sure H20 wireless is doing this in order to bill for more texts but they deny that they are despite the fact that I've put the sim in multiple devices and sent messages from H20 to multiple recipients on multiple characters and they are broken up into 65 character chunks. Very furstrating. I have a pay as you go H20 sim which is 5 cents for texts, 5 cents for talk, and 10 cents / MB.

When it sends a google link, it fits into one message. The trackeranywhere is broken into two messages.

Note, the very first link it ever sent me was a google map link and that was before I configured the APN to work on the data network so that was soley a GPS only location sent back over an SMS. I'm half tempted to disable data but I know that will make it less accurate.

Hey everybody, I have had my RF-v16 since 2013-12-28 and the texted gps loc has always worked fine but I have NEVER got the web tracking to work. I have my account all set up but the gps loc never shows up on Global Positioning System (see pic). Do I need to set the APN feature on the tracker? I have done a factory reset and the DEFAULT doesn't work for me. Would love to use the history function on the web site.
2016-08-13_13-55-16.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers