RF-V16 GPS Tracker Install - Canadian Version

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I installed a RF-V16 GPS tracker today on my Phantom 3. Now while I know there are a few videos around discussing this little tracker, there are none which covers Canadian cellular providers.

Also in other videos, people state that you need a data plan in order to get this tracker to work. This is not the case at all. I'm using a pay as you go plan from 7 eleven that has no data and the tracking is incredibly accurate.

The data plan is only needed if you wanted to do live tracking which is something I did not want. I only plan to use this if the quad goes down.

Here is the video, it's my first how to video so...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ten90
Good video - only thing I would mention is be careful about recommending loctite. Their standard blue 242 (I think that's the correct number) formulation for medium strength has been known to seriously degrade the plastic on the phantoms. Makes it brittle and crumbles easily. Loctite sells a blue formulation specifically for plastics (blue 425) but it's harder to find and can be pretty expensive.
Good luck with the tracker! I've got the same setup with SpeakOut Wireless - can't beat it!

Good video - only thing I would mention is be careful about recommending loctite. Their standard blue 242 (I think that's the correct number) formulation for medium strength has been known to seriously degrade the plastic on the phantoms. Makes it brittle and crumbles easily. Loctite sells a blue formulation specifically for plastics (blue 425) but it's harder to find and can be pretty expensive.
Good luck with the tracker! I've got the same setup with SpeakOut Wireless - can't beat it!
That is a great tip!

I did not even know that about the loctite. I have a pile of it that I use on my motorcycle and stuff.

I'll be getting some of that plastic safe loctite.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4