Anyone ever deal with manufacturer of RF-V16 GPS tracker before?

Reaction score
Back in September I bought an RF-V16 GPS tracker. It seemed to do the job well enough. Then a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't shut off. No matter what I did with the power button, the lights stayed lit and, as I discovered the next day, it was still making calls regularly to update location, which was costing me money.

The RF-V16 is supposed to have a two year warranty, so I contacted the manufacturer.

I got an email back explaining how to turn the unit on and off. I replied, telling them I already knew this, and it doesn't turn off.

I received another email asking me to describe what happens, and again detailing how to turn it off and on. I replied saying I know how to turn it off, and that what happens is that it does not turn off. The woman also asked for the unit ID and password.

"Sharon" replied, saying that they used the online app with the ID and password,, but the unit was offline. She asked me to turn it on, and again explained in detail how to turn the unit on. I replied that I had it wrapped in tin foil so it couldn't make calls and continue to cost me money, but I would unwrap it so they could see it.

She replied back, asking me if I could make a video of the unit. It was 1 am and I was tired, but I sent her a video.

In her next email, she asked if I could send her my Skype ID so we could talk. I told her I don't have Skype.

She emailed back asking me to send her another video, and to check the SIM card. I did both.

She replied, saying that my video was only three minutes long. She also asked me to describe the problem. I told her that the video showed the unit with lights blinking, and that's all it does. It does the same thing for three minutes or thirty three. I told her again that the problem is that it doesn't turn off.

She replied back asking if the unit had been soaked in water. I told her that it had not.

She emailed back, asking if I can call the device, and if all of the functions work. I told her that everything works properly, except that it doesn't turn off.

She replied back, telling me to push the reboot button. I replied that I had already done that, but it doesn't turn off.

She emailed back to wish me a Happy New Year, and ask if I would take a photo of the micro USB charging port. I did so, and sent her a photo showing the USB port at 10 times life size.

She replied back to say that she couldn't see any detail in the USB port. I sent her a sharp photo showing the port at about 50 times life size.

I haven't heard back yet.

Think she's trying to wear me down? ;)

Back in September I bought an RF-V16 GPS tracker. It seemed to do the job well enough. Then a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't shut off. No matter what I did with the power button, the lights stayed lit and, as I discovered the next day, it was still making calls regularly to update location, which was costing me money.

The RF-V16 is supposed to have a two year warranty, so I contacted the manufacturer.

I got an email back explaining how to turn the unit on and off. I replied, telling them I already knew this, and it doesn't turn off.

I received another email asking me to describe what happens, and again detailing how to turn it off and on. I replied saying I know how to turn it off, and that what happens is that it does not turn off. The woman also asked for the unit ID and password.

"Sharon" replied, saying that they used the online app with the ID and password,, but the unit was offline. She asked me to turn it on, and again explained in detail how to turn the unit on. I replied that I had it wrapped in tin foil so it couldn't make calls and continue to cost me money, but I would unwrap it so they could see it.

She replied back, asking me if I could make a video of the unit. It was 1 am and I was tired, but I sent her a video.

In her next email, she asked if I could send her my Skype ID so we could talk. I told her I don't have Skype.

She emailed back asking me to send her another video, and to check the SIM card. I did both.

She replied, saying that my video was only three minutes long. She also asked me to describe the problem. I told her that the video showed the unit with lights blinking, and that's all it does. It does the same thing for three minutes or thirty three. I told her again that the problem is that it doesn't turn off.

She replied back asking if the unit had been soaked in water. I told her that it had not.

She emailed back, asking if I can call the device, and if all of the functions work. I told her that everything works properly, except that it doesn't turn off.

She replied back, telling me to push the reboot button. I replied that I had already done that, but it doesn't turn off.

She emailed back to wish me a Happy New Year, and ask if I would take a photo of the micro USB charging port. I did so, and sent her a photo showing the USB port at 10 times life size.

She replied back to say that she couldn't see any detail in the USB port. I sent her a sharp photo showing the port at about 50 times life size.

I haven't heard back yet.

Think she's trying to wear me down? ;)
take the battery out .
that should shut it off

It's a sealed unit, so the battery can't be removed. If the button doesn't work, you have to let the battery drain down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl