Return to home

Reaction score
If you only fly the drone say 50 feet from where you started or home position and you are only say 20 feet in the air and you hit the return to home button will it fly straight to the home position or will it climb to whatever hight say 100 feet you have it programmed for and then descend to home

It will land where it is. It's too close to the home point.

+1 to what fly dawg said. When within 20 m of Homepoint, the bird will just land where it is. Farther away, if below the RTH height it will ascend then return home. Above it and it will maintain current height and come home.

If you only fly the drone say 50 feet from where you started or home position and you are only say 20 feet in the air and you hit the return to home button will it fly straight to the home position or will it climb to whatever hight say 100 feet you have it programmed for and then descend to home
Yeah, what FlyDawg said is true, I think the range minimum is 65' before it actually carries out the RTH routine, ascending before RTH. Within 65" is just lands where it is, so beware. Coming straight home without ascending would create crashes in many cases. Many trees are higher than 20'. Remember, DJI has to predict ALL scenarios when devising RTH routines. It's logical to ascend during RTH before returning home. You should add this to your mental check list to always set your RTH height based on where you plan to fly. Forgetting this can be costly.

I leave my RTH height set at 300' because I rarely get into RTH scenarios. If I do, it's always due to a disconnect situation, and ascending to 300' will often allow a reconnect. Only when I have objects taller than 400' , such as a building or mountain, would I change my RTH setting.

Reactions: ChipperRay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl