Return to Home Fails on my LEMON 4 PRO

Reaction score
Although I am a decent Mavic Pilot, my newly acquired Phantom 4 Pro has been a bi9g headache.

This time, RTH is not working. Scenario:

1) get setup
2) launch
3) get a GPS lock, acquire home point
4) fly away
4) activate RTH
5) it does not return to the home point, and usually starts trying to land somewhere short.

To recover, I have to force a manual landing, This has happened several times.
I know how this is supposed to work because my Mavic will return with surgical precision,

Something is wrong. I am uploading txt logs.
Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Please attach one of your flight logs here so we can check it out.

Reactions: LarBear360
Good to know! Today was only a q

But, it has happened on longer flighjts too

here is a much longer one with a failed RTH and forced landing.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Same issue as your other flights - the aircraft was only 56 ft from the home point and so it went straight to autoland. It's even stated in the log that you posted at 861 seconds:

Obstacle Avoidance will be disabled in landing.; Aircraft close to Home Point. "go home" shifts to "landing".​

Reactions: Meta4
@RickCo, check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the P4P manual. It contains more details about the RTH feature (which is very similar to the Mavic). If needed, you can download the manual from the P4P downloads page.

I tested my RTH in my front yard in my first try. I didnt have room to go further than 20 meters without going over my neighbors property so my test was auto landing. My subsequent RTH was done on a field. It initiates RTH when ac is beyond 20 meters and if less, it initiates auto landing. Watch your screen for distance and height to see RTH in action. You can use the auto take off and test your precision landing also. It is accurate enough for me. I have a 31” heli pad as a target.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl