Return To CONROLLER No Home Point

Reaction score
I have watched a number of YouTube videos, and searched numerous threads on this topic, but no answer.

I am going to shoot sailboats from a moving boat in the Pacific Ocean, and I need the Phantom 4 Pro set to RETURN TO THE CONTROLLER, not home point.

I understand the concept. You open the Home Point Settings and see two icons. One is an arrowhead and a dot, the other icon is a person and a dot. If I click the arrowhead, the drone sets a home point when it takes off and returns to that in an emergency.

I set it to "Set your current position as the Home Point" and tested this in a park today. When commanded to return home, the drone dropped straight down at its current location and landed, nowhere near where I was with the controller.

This is of no use for me out in the ocean. If I lose the drone and have it just go straight down (into the the water) and land.

Is the "Set Your Current Position As Home Point" supposed to set the drone straight down? Or is that supposed to send it back to the controller? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Shouldn't there be a setting that says RETURN TO CONTROLLER???

Can someone give me instructions to have the drone FLY BACK TO THE LOCATION OF THE CONTROLLER?

Thank you so much.
**** Allgire
Honolulu

Attachments

• Return To Controller.jpg
    Return To Controller.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 543
I have watched a number of YouTube videos, and searched numerous threads on this topic, but no answer.

I am going to shoot sailboats from a moving boat in the Pacific Ocean, and I need the Phantom 4 Pro set to RETURN TO THE CONTROLLER, not home point.

I understand the concept. You open the Home Point Settings and see two icons. One is an arrowhead and a dot, the other icon is a person and a dot. If I click the arrowhead, the drone sets a home point when it takes off and returns to that in an emergency.

I set it to "Set your current position as the Home Point" and tested this in a park today. When commanded to return home, the drone dropped straight down at its current location and landed, nowhere near where I was with the controller.

This is of no use for me out in the ocean. If I lose the drone and have it just go straight down (into the the water) and land.

Is the "Set Your Current Position As Home Point" supposed to set the drone straight down? Or is that supposed to send it back to the controller? I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Shouldn't there be a setting that says RETURN TO CONTROLLER???

Can someone give me instructions to have the drone FLY BACK TO THE LOCATION OF THE CONTROLLER?

Thank you so much.
**** Allgire
Honolulu

On my PV2+ there's a "dynamic Home Point" which supposedly changes the Homepoint to the controller. I'm not sure if the setting is called the same on e PV4P but try to dig around in the settings.

I think RTH only works when the drone is above a certain height, when triggered it will either land or rise to the pre-set height. I may be wrong.

What you've missed is that (for an unknown reason) DJI programmed the Phantom to land where it is if you initiate RTH withing 20 metres of the homepoint.
Go and try again but fly further than 66 feet from your new home point before initiating RTH.

On my PV2+ there's a "dynamic Home Point" which supposedly changes the Homepoint to the controller. I'm not sure if the setting is called the same on e PV4P but try to dig around in the settings.
The P2V+ is the last Phantom that has the dynamic home point feature. With all newer Phantoms, the home point has to be reset each time you move.

If you want your craft to RTH to your controller (P4) (right icon in go) you need a GPS that's on in your phone or tablet as the RC has no GPS receiver. You also have to reset your position often as your present location is just a number your RC sent to the craft at the instant you pressed the button. So in a RTH situation your craft will land at the last spot you pressed the set home point button. This may sound crazy but it makes sense that the craft would go to the last setting, in the case you would have a RC failure your craft has a recorded number to go to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl