Return home crash.

Reaction score
My drone reached 25% battery and took off for home without rising to the 120 feet that I had set, and crashed hard into a tree.

At one point late into the flight I got a "App shut down" warning but it quickly came back. At that point I just tried to land but it took off for home. I think it may have lost it bearings when the app shut down but what can a guy do at that point?? Anyone else experience this?

My drone reached 25% battery and took off for home without rising to the 120 feet that I had set, and crashed hard into a tree.

At one point late into the flight I got a "App shut down" warning but it quickly came back. At that point I just tried to land but it took off for home. I think it may have lost it bearings when the app shut down but what can a guy do at that point?? Anyone else experience this?

The APP doesn't fly the aircraft especially not once RTH is initiated. You can fly the aircraft without a viewing device even attached to it "old school". Something else went wrong I'm afraid.

Reactions: Harleydude
I would like to know what went wrong? I saw the battery was it 25% and tried to land when it just took off to where I started in a straight line. The red lights were flashing and no response what so ever to the controls???

On an earlier flight I did see it lost it's altitude bearing when it temporarily lost contact. I was then flying at -77 ft but with plenty of battery life I landed just fine.

Last edited:
I wish I could help more but I have no experience with the P2 series of aircraft. Hopefully @sar104 or @msinger can offer some input here.

It activated low battery return to home while you were initially trying to land it. At that point you needed to cancel the RTH by pressing the RTH button on your RC. You would have then had control. The reason it didnt climb to the preset RTH altitude was you were trying to land, hence you had the left stick down. RTH still allows altitude adjustment while active and it assumed you wanted to maintain the current altitude.
That's my guess anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I',m confused by your statement "without rising to the 120 feet that I had set". The P2 failsafe function, at least on my P2s, did not include climbing as far as I can recall - it was just direct line RTH.
The P2 also has a height setting for RTH

Firmware version?
I dont have the number handy but I know its the latest version. My P2V+ does not have a working gimbal board so I have no info/telemetry on my device while flying but when I connect the AC to the app on my PC I can set the failsafe mode to land or RTH and I can set the altitude.

I dont have the number handy but I know its the latest version. My P2V+ does not have a working gimbal board so I have no info/telemetry on my device while flying but when I connect the AC to the app on my PC I can set the failsafe mode to land or RTH and I can set the altitude.

Right - and neither of my P2's are still flying. I don't recall an RTH height setting and the manual that I have doesn't mention such a thing - it refers to direct flight back. I may be misremembering, or maybe later firmware added it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic