restoring phantom 2

Hello,
I am in the process o f restoring a wrecked phantom 2 vision and I need some help. After I removed the piece of wire from inside the brushless motor so it could spin freely and resoldered the power leads to the circuit board, I linked up to the DJI site with the proper drivers and installed new updates which told me that I have a good battery! However it also told me that I have a compass error - connect compass! and there is no GPS hardware onboard!

So I am thinking I should get out of my basement and
1. recalibrate and or

2. I reconnected the GPS to the wrong plugin - I wrote down wire color sequence, but forgot which slot to use in the MC

Any thoughts/youtube sites before I send it for service?

THX Ken

I sure cant help YOU and i hope that some one will here soon....On the removing of the wires or connectors I have always took several nice close up pictures for reassembly time..then No " sweat and tears " on a wiring project or electronic system Because all wires and connectors were in proper places ! ~~~~~Good Luck..hope some one here will get your going...or make a good recombination !

Last edited:
2. I reconnected the GPS to the wrong plugin - I wrote down wire color sequence, but forgot which slot to use in the MC

THX Ken
The compass and GPS dont plug into the MC (otehrwise known as the NAZA unit), the compass either

1) plugs into the GPS puck if its the open type mark 1 compass
2) plugs into the mainboard if its the newer shielded compass

you cant mix and match the compass and GPS unit, if the GPS unit has a socket for the compass to plug into then you must plug it into this, if it doesnt then it can be plugged into the mainboard, the newer compass has a white solid cable the mark 1 is a flat grey ribbon cable type.

The GPS puck plugs into a black socket on the board

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creei03