restoring phantom 2

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the process o f restoring a wrecked phantom 2 vision and I need some help. After I removed the piece of wire from inside the brushless motor so it could spin freely and resoldered the power leads to the circuit board, I linked up to the DJI site with the proper drivers and installed new updates which told me that I have a good battery! However it also told me that I have a compass error - connect compass! and there is no GPS hardware onboard!

So I am thinking I should get out of my basement and
1. recalibrate and or

2. I reconnected the GPS to the wrong plugin - I wrote down wire color sequence, but forgot which slot to use in the MC

Any thoughts/youtube sites before I send it for service?

THX Ken

I sure cant help YOU and i hope that some one will here soon....On the removing of the wires or connectors I have always took several nice close up pictures for reassembly time..then No " sweat and tears " on a wiring project or electronic system Because all wires and connectors were in proper places ! ~~~~~Good Luck..hope some one here will get your going...or make a good recombination !

Last edited:
2. I reconnected the GPS to the wrong plugin - I wrote down wire color sequence, but forgot which slot to use in the MC

THX Ken

The compass and GPS dont plug into the MC (otehrwise known as the NAZA unit), the compass either

1) plugs into the GPS puck if its the open type mark 1 compass
2) plugs into the mainboard if its the newer shielded compass

you cant mix and match the compass and GPS unit, if the GPS unit has a socket for the compass to plug into then you must plug it into this, if it doesnt then it can be plugged into the mainboard, the newer compass has a white solid cable the mark 1 is a flat grey ribbon cable type.

The GPS puck plugs into a black socket on the board

Reactions: Chipmun2
The compass and GPS dont plug into the MC (otehrwise known as the NAZA unit), the compass either

1) plugs into the GPS puck if its the open type mark 1 compass
2) plugs into the mainboard if its the newer shielded compass

you cant mix and match the compass and GPS unit, if the GPS unit has a socket for the compass to plug into then you must plug it into this, if it doesnt then it can be plugged into the mainboard, the newer compass has a white solid cable the mark 1 is a flat grey ribbon cable type.

The GPS puck plugs into a black socket on the board

Thx for the information. I’m trying to follow your video about finding a MAC address and I can’t find inssider at a reasonable cost for a one time use - any alternatives?

Thx Ken

Thx for the information. I’m trying to follow your video about finding a MAC address and I can’t find inssider at a reasonable cost for a one time use - any alternatives?

Thx Ken
Use insside home mate not pro, if you can’t findnit email me at [email protected] and I’ll send a copy

Use insside home mate not pro, if you can’t findnit email me at [email protected] and I’ll send a copy

Thx for the info on insider. I called DJI (email) and within 48 hr
Vivian.wu provided the correct Mac addresses for my two phantom 2 visions. They worked and linked to Wi-Fi on drone. Now to get outside and “get” gps satellites, already found links to three in my basement! After that compass calibration and hopefully fly. Latest problem is broken pin on fc200 camera gimbal! eBay is my next stop!

Last edited:
Thx for the info on insider. I called DJI (email) and within 48 hr
Vivian.wu provided the correct Mac addresses for my two phantom 2 visions. They worked and linked to Wi-Fi on drone. Now to get outside and “get” gps satellites, already found links to three in my basement! After that compass calibration and hopefully fly. Latest problem is broken pin on fc200 camera gimbal! eBay is my next stop!

broken pin ?

Yes, I bought a wrecked phantom 2 vision to work on during the winter and not mess up my other intact one that is flying Now that I have the proper Mac address. After I got a metal pin out of the inside of a locked motor, I found that the gimbal for the fc200 camera is a one axis gimbal that rotates on a geared shaft with a servo on one side and a fixed plastic pin on the other side of the camera. Some how in a crash this plastic pin sheared off. I am thinking to replace it with either plastic or wood, metal is a bad choice next to the Wi-Fi antennas in the camera. Since I’m retired, etc $25 on eBay is possible but I’m careful with the spending,etc. I’m thinking that a tello is a lot easier to preflight and fly!

Yes, I bought a wrecked phantom 2 vision to work on during the winter and not mess up my other intact one that is flying Now that I have the proper Mac address. After I got a metal pin out of the inside of a locked motor, I found that the gimbal for the fc200 camera is a one axis gimbal that rotates on a geared shaft with a servo on one side and a fixed plastic pin on the other side of the camera. Some how in a crash this plastic pin sheared off. I am thinking to replace it with either plastic or wood, metal is a bad choice next to the Wi-Fi antennas in the camera. Since I’m retired, etc $25 on eBay is possible but I’m careful with the spending,etc. I’m thinking that a tello is a lot easier to preflight and fly!

yeah i got ya, ive got multiple spares of the gimbals, some have damaged servos but if its just the case you want i can send it you for postage cost, drop me an email as i dont come here often, [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31