Restoring 2.8.1 on you iDevice - Steps

Reaction score
Just for those that have issues with the backdate of the DJI Go app on your iDevices.
I could barely fly in the same place I always fly today because the video feed was so bad.
I came here to where I had seen OVT post a link to a video on how to download an older version of an app.
I was actually pretty easy, just fiddly, more than difficult.
I ran the video on a separate device and paused it as needed.
For those wanting the 2.8.1 app, the number you need to paste is : 817278603 (its the third up from the bottom, which would indicate they are working on an app update to fix the issues as you read this)

Here is the Youtube video.

Follow this link: How to download older versions of iOS apps

Thanks again to Ovt for posting it originally

I ended up with 2.8.0 after picking a different number higher up the list (my second attempt) and while it cured the video feed problems, the app crashed out when the SD card filled up while I was recording. I was way out over a lake at the time and haven't had a scare like that in a while, but it's good to know the bird will keep flying under those conditions. Oddly enough I can live with the occasional coronary arrest as long as the video feed stays up - go figure.

Took a few tries but successfully ended up with 2.8.1. Thanks for the good info!

Edit: Flew a whole hour of with no signal loss today.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20