P2V+ Firmware Phantom 2 big brick?

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but recently and updated I do not know.

I fly a Phantom 3 Standard and love it. I recently acquired a brand new in the box, sealed, complete with a backpack carry case and extra parts, Phantom 2 vision plus. Excited I went to download the vision app and I think you all know the rest. Apparently Litchi won't work on the P2 now? And getting DJI vision app is no where to he seen.

So what are you all doing? The P2 is still valid and fully capable and nice for someone that can't upgrade to a 2,500 dollar drone every three years. I payed 150 for this new P2 and I want to fly it!.

why won't DJI just leave a legacy version of the app up for download? No need to update it, just let us people that run older stuff download an app so we can still fly our P2's.

well of anyone ne has a link to a usable version of vision or litchi for the P2, please let me know, thanks and I look forward to writing here often. I just started flying my P3 and love drones.

thanks everyone

I found And downloaded Vision 1.0.61(I think) off a website, but I do t know if it's ligit. When I open the app on my Android it seems to work and is looking for the drone. I'm going to try and connect to the drone when I get home(props off) and see if I can get a connection

There are other more current models available for far less than the 2500.00 you mentioned. Just curious as to what you paid for what you recently acquired.
DJI has left several aircraft models and their firmware by the wayside and will continue to do so as their new models are produced.

There are other more current models available for far less than the 2500.00 you mentioned. Just curious as to what you paid for what you recently acquired.
DJI has left several aircraft models and their firmware by the wayside and will continue to do so as their new models are produced.
I payed 150 dollars, brand new in the box. Even came with a really nice case and spare parts. The battery was toast and will not take a charge, so I ordered another off of Amazon, not an original, but a brand called power extra. I couldn't resist it at that price and I have a phantom 3 so thought I could get this phantom 2 working.

I think it's a shame DJI forces us to buy new, when fully capable and cheap Phantoms are still in working order.

Attachments

• IMG_2023-04-09-16-10-44-415.jpg
    IMG_2023-04-09-16-10-44-415.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2023-04-09-16-10-23-125.jpg
    IMG_2023-04-09-16-10-23-125.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
Simple business practice on tech products. They really are no different than other tech related businesses.
Fly safe!

I have a number of P2VP drones and yes you can still install the software and create an account to use it

I have two versions v1.0.59 and v1.0.61 and here are the links to where I found them

http://resource.dj2006.net/document/DJI_VISION_V1.0.59.apk

https://m.apkpure.com/id/dji-vision/com.dji.vision/download/61-APK

When you run the software the login fails if you try and use an existing registered account as DJI have taken the servers that the software is trying to talk to offline. However if you create a new email account for every device you install on, then that works fine|

Litchi for Phantom2 is a no-go as far as my experimentations have gone so far, as the DJI API that the DJI software development kit that Litchi was developed with is also offline and there is no-way for the program to validate it's license to run, so it just fails

This validation is only done once, and then a local file is stored on the phone, so if we can find someone with a registered copy pre the server going offline, then in theory we should be able to transfer that file to other phones and Litchi will run.

I'd be interested on working on this with others if they are interested

Alex

I downloaded that, thank you. I just got the new P-2 battery yesterday and planning out trying to get this drone working. I'll study vision software and go from there.

I had my phantom 3 up today twice and had my first incident. On take off I took off manually and apparently had a bit of right yaw as I applied throttle and it flipped over. I was able to quickly shut the motors down before it hit the props. It was still on the skids when it flipped, so....no damage .

Back to the phantom 3 worked flawlessly.... I was going to update everything today with it, but I figured that it still works perfect, so I'm just going to leave it be

So for anyone who might want to play along with getting Litchi for Phantom 2 Vision Plus working again, I ran NetCapture on my Android phone and then launched Litchi for P2V+ and looked for the call out to DJI to try and authenticate the application key and you can actually see the call it is making and the response it gets

The first few calls are out to Google, which I guess is the Android App authenticating itself and updates etc and then the 5th call you can see is to https://dev.dji.com:443/sdk which is the SDK authentication server for the SDK that Litchi was built with

Screenshot_2023-04-16-14-54-19-14_92600d4a028e1f7a3cdf42bf8e94803b.jpg

This then gets a response from the server of Length 0 which is why Litchi is failing to start as it is expecting some positive handshake back from the server (*what this should be is unknown) so in theory if we can find what this is then we can overwrite the URL with our own server response and actually activate Litchi correctly on startup

Screenshot_2023-04-16-14-52-28-58_92600d4a028e1f7a3cdf42bf8e94803b.jpg
There is a secondary app for the P2V+ which I found which _does_ activate correctly with DJI when it starts up so I'm wondering if we can copy that response to trick Litchi into running correctly - it's called DroneVR

Thoughts?

This phantom 2 is a pain.

Will not bind the range extender, have no camera view on the screen, but have control of the drone with radio. I did all the binding process, pushing the button on the extender, scanning the code all that and blah. I'm about to give up. I got it to fly, but it just will not get any camera feed. I'm tired of farting around not knowing what to do. Gotta have a smart guy on this.

Attachments

• IMG_2023-04-22-22-15-55-180.jpg
    IMG_2023-04-22-22-15-55-180.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
This phantom 2 is a pain.

Will not bind the range extender, have no camera view on the screen, but have control of the drone with radio. I did all the binding process, pushing the button on the extender, scanning the code all that and blah. I'm about to give up. I got it to fly, but it just will not get any camera feed. I'm tired of farting around not knowing what to do. Gotta have a smart guy on this.
The Phantom 2V+ was instantly obsolete the day that the Phantom 3 was released, 8 years ago.
I had two and after flying a P3 Advanced, I tossed them in the bin because the P3 Adv was so much better, I thought that no-one would want to buy them.
It's not worth putting any time or money into a P2V+ in 2023.
If you have serious budget constraints, you should be able to pick up a P3 Pro or Adv for peanuts and they will be miles better than the P3 standard which you are familiar with.
Or a more modern model like the Mini 2 for something that's light years ahead of what you have been used to.
The P3 standard came out a few months after the other P3 models to provide a budget option P3.
It was basically a P2V+ with a better camera.
It was very limited by using the same clunky wifi transmission as the P2.

Reactions: Eric2.0
The Phantom 2V+ was instantly obsolete the day that the Phantom 3 was released, 8 years ago.
I had two and after flying a P3 Advanced, I tossed them in the bin because the P3 Adv was so much better, I thought that no-one would want to buy them.
It's not worth putting any time or money into a P2V+ in 2023.
If you have serious budget constraints, you should be able to pick up a P3 Pro or Adv for peanuts and they will be miles better than the P3 standard which you are familiar with.
Or a more modern model like the Mini 2 for something that's light years ahead of what you have been used to.
The P3 standard came out a few months after the other P3 models to provide a budget option P3.
It was basically a P2V+ with a better camera.
It was very limited by using the same clunky wifi transmission as the P2.

I guess I had hopes to get it fully functional, as it is brand new and seems a waste to not use it. My phantom 3 works absolutely 100% and perfect, didn't seem like it would take much as the P-2 is very similar. I'm also not one that needs latest tech and what not, I'm perfectly happy with the 2k video of the P-3.

With my P-2 I was able to get full satellite lock through DJI vision app yesterday and let it hover close to me for about 19 minutes on a brand new battery(after market brand) it was steady and flew nice. All I was missing is a video feed.

I tried to re bind the extender to the camera using the bar code scan and pressing the button on the extender, but it seems I have lost all of it, including the telemetry through the app. It says "phantom connection broken and the wifi repeater not working, even though it's lights are on. So....I dunno what I did.

That is beyond my skills . Hopefully I will figure it out,. It I put it away for now until I do some research more of how these things work. I'm drone obsessed right now and I have my P-3 to enjoy, so...possibly next year I will invest in a more modern outfit.

Here's what I get. It will not connect at all now, can't even start the motors while I actually had it flying yesterday. I'm going to put DJI vision on my old tab A tablet with android 7 and see if connectivity is better. I'll proba lt take the whole thing with me to Starbucks and see if I can get any kind of updates on it. Worth a shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423-124750.png
    Screenshot_20230423-124750.png
    79 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20230423-124813.png
    Screenshot_20230423-124813.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 88
OK - sounds like your WiFi repeater and your drone have become unbound and you need to rebind them

To do that follow these instructions

When you have the working again, then you will need to reflash your WiFi module to get the camera feed part to work again

To do that follow these instructions

Hi I bought a p2v+ last year (2022) and lost the vid connection. After a lot of googling and head scratchin i found out it was a wifi binding issue. AApparantly if its left for a couple of years the chip in the phantom need s re flashing. I found a guy that does this service for £45 and its been perfect ever since.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4